Photo

Best adhesive for invites

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 bride2b10

bride2b10
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

What would you recommend to use if you want to glue 2 pieces of paper back to back? I'm worried using a glue stick as it often creates air bubbles, wrinkles in the paper, and becomes unglued in parts.

Thanks!!
    http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#2 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
    • 286 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

Tape runner!! It's an applicator that easily dispenses double sided tape. I just used it on my STDs and plan on it for my invites. I found the Staples' brand worked best out of the ones I tried.

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:14 PM

Runner is great but can get expensive if you have a lot to do. You can also try a film type double stick tape as well.

#4 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Even like those square adhesives you can get at a craft store fairly cheap like 3.00 they are already cut you just peel off and stick.

#5 breeze616

breeze616
          • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Tape runners are definetly the fastest and easiest. There are re-fillable ones at Michaels craft stores that help to cut down on the cost.

#6 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

I actually used a glue gun for my boarding pass STD jackets. I had quite thick card stock though. I bought one of those glue dot runners but it just was not cutting it at all so my fiance suggested his mini glue gun and it worked great!

#7 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

I'm all about the tape runner. Wal-mart had a generic brand with refill packs that was a lot cheaper than the Micheals-type places.

#8 bride2b10

bride2b10
                • 320 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Thanks everyone :) I'm gluing a regular piece of paper to card stock. For the glue gun - is it relatively thin? Did it not show at all thorough the paper? I need the whole thing attached (inside of a passport to the cover).
                  http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#9 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bride2b10
                    Thanks everyone :) I'm gluing a regular piece of paper to card stock. For the glue gun - is it relatively thin? Did it not show at all thorough the paper? I need the whole thing attached (inside of a passport to the cover).
                    I found the glue gun to be pretty easily adjustable in terms of how thin or thick you want the glue, cause you can push it out faster or slower through the gun, and of course run it along the paper at whatever speed you like to get your desired amount of glue.

I used it with fairly thick cardstock (I think 105lb?) as a I mentioned, and it was making a STD jacket so I was gluing cardstock to cardstock to make the pocket. I couldn't see the glue at all through the paper. However, I did have to use a fairly good size bead of glue to seal the pocket so it was a bit thick, like I guess you could kind of feel it a bit? It sounds like you probably wouldn't need so much. For my purposes it totally didn't matter since it was just to seal the bottom of the ticket jacket pocket. I just wanted it to hold quickly and firmly and the glue gun did the trick for that!

#10 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                    • 997 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

I ordered Glue Dots through Cards and Pockets and they worked so well! Similar to the other ladies fasteners, you just press the paper to the dot and it sticks very well! I'm sure you could get something similar at Michaels or any craft store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users