Sign in to follow this  
starchild

Italy?

This is pretty cool - my parents were so inspired by our DW that they decided to have a destination vow renewal ceremony in Italy for their 35th anniversary.

They've been to Italy before but are slowly starting to research locations/vendors/etc. for such an event. I suggested renting a villa and holding the festivities there but they want more options.

Can anyone recommend a specific venue for weddings/vow renewals, or maybe somewhere you've been in Italy that would make for a great celebration?

I couldn't tell you offhand. But, my best friend is a WC and she has a client eloping to Italy later this year. Let me ask her later today to see if they have decided on a place and I will let ya know.

I wanna go to Italy so bad!!!

Oh, and I love your new signature picture. The table looks great!

That is so cool!!! I know nothing about Italy--- my aunt got married there last year in Rome (believe it or not, the new pope actually did their marriage mass in the first Catholic church in Rome) and the photos at her reception were beautiful!!! Almost made FI and I consider going there to get married!! :)

wow - no idea, but HOW COOL!

actually, when I went there a few years ago we stayed at this little place - they made their own wine and olive oil, it was super cute. no idea if it's what you're looking for, and it was up in the hills.

I've been all over Italy but I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to do something like that. Let me ask my dad he travels there often, maybe he will know of a nice place. How romantic.

What a great idea! I was Italy fro 2 weeks in Oct 2006 and we fell in love with the Almalfi Coast. The coastline was absolutely breathtaking! We rented a motor scooter and went to Sorrento, Almalfi, and Positano. There are cute little bbs that hang off the cliffs which would be amazing for a wedding site. We also went to this little island across from Capri called Ischia which is known for their thermal spring pools. We stayed in this old castle monastary that was overlooked the water and island. Pm and i can send you some pics.

smile123.gif

That was my 1st choice for our destination wedding - my fiance's dad is from there and there is still alot of family over there. But he didn't want to do that since a cousin did that about 5 years ago. Not that I am complaining about Jamaica though, cuz I can't wait!!!! I have no suggestions for you, but i am sure someone on here will and I just think that is a great idea for your parents! So romantic....

ok, I just called my best friend. She was driving at the moment and can't remember off the top of her head. She said the town is calledRevelo (or something like that). The town is very small and they are staying at the very nice hotel that starts with the letter "C." Ha! That tells you absolutely nothing, huh?

When she gets home tonight, she is going to check her paperwork and call me and let me know the name of the town and the hotel.

OK - this is no help but I just wanted to say the Venice would be an awful option for this (we just went there). I know that's not that helpful but I just wanted to give you the heads up. It is crazy expensive and unbelievably overrun by tourism.

I think a villa in the Tuscan countryside sounds simply ideallic! Also the Amalfi coast is supposed to be amazing as well.