831 replies to this topic

#241 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jena0609
    This is an awesome thread!
    For the ladies that brought the Ipod and dock station...was it loud enough and what about the lighting? I think we are going to just do the Ipod too, but they are going to charge us around $400 for the set-up and speakers, but if your dock station was enough we might just upgrade the one that we have here at home. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jena, we used our ipod with the dock and it was definitely loud enough. Our reception was outside overlooking the beach and there was no problem with the sound. We had 28 people total.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#242 mxbride789

mxbride789
    • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

I have been completely floundering since booking my DW back in December - This thread is such a help! My wedding's in a little over 3 months and this thread is helping me get it together! finally! :)

#243 Jena0609

Jena0609
      • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KLC77
        Jena, we used our ipod with the dock and it was definitely loud enough. Our reception was outside overlooking the beach and there was no problem with the sound. We had 28 people total.
        Thank you.What kind of docking station do you have? We have one, but we are looking into getting a different one.
        Mexico Wedding Cancelled!

#244 KLC77

KLC77
        • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jena0609
          Thank you.What kind of docking station do you have? We have one, but we are looking into getting a different one.
          Its a Bose. Its my MIL's so I'm not sure of the specifics, but it wasn't very large and worked great.
          ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#245 northernflasher

northernflasher
          • 499 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

Awesome..Thanks for such great tips, I've got 11 months to go and have moments when I feel so angry with myself for stressing over the details, this thread has helped chill me out enormously and gives me real focus for whats really important.

You girls are the best, dont think I'd be doing half this well without you...even if my FI is a little worried by my forum addiction!!! HA HA

Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#246 Racine.Ryan

Racine.Ryan
            • 124 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for the rose petal information. That helped make that decision.

#247 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

My wedding is not done yet, but I can already tell you ONE thing that I would not do again : NOT sign a contract when we negotiated everything and just sign a commitment letter ; now they are changing everything that we discussed. What an opportune forgetting faculty !!!!!!!!!!!!

#248 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

WOW! I just read all 25 pages of this post (at work of course). I think this is a MUST read for everybody who joins the forum. We're planning our wedding for Feb 2010 (probably jamaica) and this helps SO very much. It's nice to know that my $340 ebay wedding dress will be great and won't take away from the day. I'm leaning toward a welcome dinner or something of the sort more and more while wanting to almost completely opt out of a cake (might as well get the free included one). I'm still on the fence about OOT bags as we'll be going to an AI and I don't know how much of that stuff would be used. We vacationed at an AI back in august and never took drinks with us since they were free everywhere we went - I think coolers and/or koozies would be unnecessary as well as sun screen (most people will bring it and the resort has some for free if not). One huge reason for having a DW is that I don't want to plan all the details and stress out about it all. I'm certainly going to try and limit the amount of things I take down there but want naturally want a nice/unforgetable wedding. I'll certainly be trying to make room in the budget for fire dancers or fireworks. BIG THANKS to all who contributed so far!

#249 lakerbride

lakerbride
                  • 153 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

thanks! I am considering a lot of what you have on your list and really appreciate your feedback

#250 erinleigh

erinleigh
                    • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Wow, this thread is amazing. I've been doing so much research in planning my November 9 wedding. Just from reading this I have decided:

- To scrap OOT bags and just give thermal mugs with a welcome letter (I think they are a must for keeping drinks cold in the sun and everyone will def. use them)

- To stick with the small cake that comes with my package and not upgrade

- To not overschedule the week with group events - just a few scheduled things are enough (a welcome dinner and maybe an excursion - and of course the wedding day) otherwise people can do what they want - afterall, they are paying a lot for their vacation.

- To download my own music to my ipod instead of a DJ

- Not to worry to much about my hair - it will be windy, so no point in
                      stressing.

- To not stress in general, and realize it's going to be amazing and fun no matter what!

This is the best thread yet. Can't wait for more "would" and "wouldn'ts" to be posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users