Sign in to follow this  
cali2010

Which type of IPod are you using?

Hey there! I am thinking about switching to an ipod reception, but I am a little confused how it works. This might be a silly question, but which kind of ipod works best for a reception setting? I only have an ipod shuffle and an iphone. Do i need to get the nano? I have also read about bringing a laptop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We did an i pod reception and used out ipod touch. I don't think the ipod makes a difference though. It depends on what you plug it into. We didn't bring a laptop either. Just rented speakers/sound equipment from the hotel, set our playlists up, and they were there to operate it. Kinda like a DJ but better because it was all our own music :)

We're bringing either our iPod Touch or just an mp3 player. I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the iPod out there unsupervised for someone to steal. I'm sure it will be fine, but it makes me nervous to have such an expensive item out blush2.gif

I have an ipod nano and an iphone... I have noticed that when my fingers are damp or wet, I cant use the iphone properly... it cant sense where your fingers are.... i have always wondered if it would pose a problem in a humid beach-y type scenario such as a DW reception... probably nothing to worry about but just a thought... i'd use an ipod with a wheel rather than a touch screen.

my 2 cents :)

You don't have to go out and buy another ipod, your iphone should work just fine (although I'm not sure if the humidity affects it) but it'll work much better than a shuffle. This way you can make playlists and have your music organized ahead of time.

I used an iphone at my welcome dinner. it was just a plug into the bottom, it did not have to sit in any type of docking station or anything.

I didnt have any issues.

Hi my FI and I are going the same route. We are going to purchase a16g iPod touch this boxing day and setup all the music we want to listen to. One thing you have to remember is most places dont have current music, so you will have to dance to the same old stuff. With the ipod you can create your own playlists for each section of your wedding. We are hoping we dont have to worry about it getting stolen. Plus it is money going into your wedding that you get to keep. which you dont if you purchase a dj or band. Good luck with choosing one!