Photo

Where should we spend our second week in RM?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

So, after our wedding at Barcelo Maya, we want to switch it up the second week (honeymoon week) for a change of scenery and a more grown up resort. We would like to stay in Riviera Maya. Any suggestions? We are looking for lots of romance and less "family oriented" place. Suggestions are appreciated!

#2 bride2b10

bride2b10
    • 320 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

we are also looking for an adults only resort for the last part of our trip (not a week, but at least the last 4 or 5 days). We are thinking Secrets Miroma, I hear it's a very nice resort but I'm curious to see what others say.
      http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#3 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
      • 307 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

We are getting married in PV but flying to RM for honeymoon. we are looking at staying at the Royal, Secrets Miroma, or Grand Velas.

#4 katken

katken
        • 268 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

OOOOH! We honeymooned at Le Blanc in Cancun and had a fabulous time. Adults only, awesome food, very chic/sexy. It was so wonderful we're going back for Valentine's Day!

Also, if you check out Trip Advisor, it's listed as #1 out of 150 or so hotels in Cancun. Everyone raves about this place. It's just awesome!

view from the pool
          Click the image to open in full size.

lobby bar

lobby

I swear I don't work at Le Blanc! LOL It's just THAT awesome!

#5 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

Secrets Maroma Beach is awesome. If you search the Riu RM Palace thread Josie talks about her experience there!
            Loving married life! <3

#6 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I showed him a couple really secluded resorts today that are Villa style and he doesn't want anything too secluded. he's a social guy so he likes the idea of making some friends to hang with while we are there.

#7 bride2010

bride2010
              • 424 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

We're also getting married at the Palace, but we're moving to the Iberostar Grande the week after. It's a really nice resort from what I've heard and read on Tripadvisor and it's adult's only, so you get the privacy. I'm also not a fan of totally secluded resorts so the Iberostar was perfect for us. We'll have access to their four other resorts (like the Barcelo) so there'll be lots to do and people to meet...if we choose to. It's the best of both worlds, I think. Plus I've stayed at the Iberostar a few years back and absolutely loved it. Good luck with your choice!
                http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#8 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

OOOH, Bride 2010, I have my TA checking pricing on that one as well. Right now I'm having her check Iberostar Grand, Royal, and Secrets Moroma. They all look amazing! I'm getting excited to have the change of scenery for the honeymoon!

#9 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'm still contemplating whether to stay at our resort for two weeks or switch to a different one for the second week. If I could switch for the second week I think I would definitely consider Secrets Maroma Beach or The Royal Playa del Carmen. They both look like heaven and have great reviews!

#10 super19

super19
                    • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

We are staying at Excellence Riviera after our wedding at the Royal. I've heard it's a great combination of romance and fun.

I've stayed at Le Blanc as well and it's fantastic.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users