Photo

How dirty did your dress get?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

My dress was REALLY dirty after our reception. After dancing the night away the bottom was dirty and our reception was on a deck, not on the beach or anything. It was cleaner after my ttd a few days later.

I agree with pp, if you're going to be at your resort for a few days, see if they can clean it after the wedding. Or, you could clean the bottom of the dress in your tub if it gets too dirty to wear again. I washed my dress in the tub at our resort after the ttd and it came out fine.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#12 latoya1908

latoya1908
    • 170 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

I never thought about spot cleaning the bottom and train or checking with the resort. I'll keep my wedding dress as an option, but have a back up just in case...

#13 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
      • 426 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

Good question!! I was wondering the same thing! I don't want to pay a ton to get it cleaned, but also don't want a dirty dress at my AHR. I never thought to ask the resort!

#14 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
        • 226 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

My dress was filthy on the bottom. Even though we had a gazebo wedding the train picked up every last bit on dirt. Thankfully only the bottom was dirty and the rest was fine. Dry cleaning took it right out.
          Danielle & John
          Aventura Spa Palace
          October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#15 hoyt75

hoyt75
          • 371 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Haven't gotten married yet, but I assume it will be pretty bad on the bottom because of the beach. My soon to be mil put her old dress in the washing machine and it cme out beauiful! I would try that!

#16 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
            • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

I'm getting married at Aventura Spa Palace. Anyone know what they or other resorts charge for cleaning?

#17 Geralyn

Geralyn
              • 2,677 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

The bottom of my dress was filthy after the wedding day but we did a TTD and it was really clean after that

#18 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsRell
                  I'm getting married at Aventura Spa Palace. Anyone know what they or other resorts charge for cleaning?
                  I got my dress steamed before the wedding and it took 48 hrs. They have to send everything to Cancun so it takes a while. I'm assuming cleaning would take longer.

#19 Sherry

Sherry
                  • 390 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

Our ceremony was on grass, and our pictures were on the beach (no TTD) and my dress really wasn't that bad after the wedding. The edges did get a little bit wet when we were doing pictures, and I think that got rid of most of the dirt from the sand. Looking back though, I really don't know how it didn't get dirtier than it did - I wonder if it helped that it didn't have lace on the bottom. So weird though!

#20 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:47 AM

Nikki- so proud of you for the washer and donating!! Woot fo you!

Mine got in the ocean and it was dirty around the bottom on the inside but you could barely tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users