Just Started Planning!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 shenanigans

• 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hi, I'm Shannon. I just got engaged Saturday and am starting to look at destination weddings for February of 2011.

#2 shenanigans

• 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'm really hoping this forum can help me. I am already completely lost! We want to have a wedding somewhere in the Caribbean. I don't want to go through all that blood test and xray crap. I'm afraid of needles and I'll be thinking about that the whole way there! (I know that sounds really stupid considering it's one of the most important things in my life) but I just don't want to deal with all that. I have tried to find which places which require it and which don't and haven't had much luck. Other than I know Mexico does.

I'm looking for an all inclusive package for the wedding, food and rooms for my immediate family. I am guessing many people on this forum have already gone through a lot of work and was hoping someone could throw some suggestions my way so I can at least have a starting point! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

#3 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Take a deep breath and relax, you have lots of time. You'll find all the information you need here...good luck!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#4 laurenvuitton

• 283 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

Shannon -

congrats!! I just got engaged on Friday! We are def. doing a destination wedding. Just need to find the easiest island to get to with a non stop flight from Chicago. Best of luck!

#5 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of help here and if you are worried about doing the legal ceremony in another country due to blood tests and stuff then consider doing the legal aspect before you leave, that's what FI and I are doing and many other brides I know are doing the same it eliminates doing all that and having to deal with translating documents and waiting on them.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

Welcome to the forums. I am sure you will find a ton of information here to help you.
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#7 cutedimplestee

• 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!! There is alot of info on here, so I'm sure it will be a big help.

Happy Planning!!!

#8 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

CONGRATS! to the forum! You will find tons of great ideas and support here! Good luck with all your planning! It can be a lot of fun!
                  Loving married life! <3

#9 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! My FI and I will do the legal part of it before we leave for our Mexican wedding as well, to make things easier down there.

Good luck planning.

#10 jaredrey

• 144 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

Congrats and happy planning! You have plenty of resrouces and time to figure out all your details. Hope we can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users