Photo

Invite question for Canadian brides

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I've sent invites to Canada and I've never been told they had to pay custom fees to get the invites, I'm sure I would have heard back from a client if they had to.

#12 KJT1985

KJT1985
    • 694 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by anacgarcia
      I've sent invites to Canada and I've never been told they had to pay custom fees to get the invites, I'm sure I would have heard back from a client if they had to.
      How did you mark the customs form? That also depends on how they'll be charged (if you declare the full value vs mark it as a gift). In some cases I think it depends on where the product is MADE if its coming from a major company.

#13 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KJT1985
        How did you mark the customs form? That also depends on how they'll be charged (if you declare the full value vs mark it as a gift). In some cases I think it depends on where the product is MADE if its coming from a major company.
        I always mark them as documents then specify example:

150 wedding invitations
        Value $350 (I always put what they paid)

I would never mark them as gift as it is considered a legal offense and it can cause more problems..

#14 KJT1985

KJT1985
        • 694 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Well, maybe its because your not a large corporation like hallmark, paper divas or something that my fsil would be ordering from. But I do know paying customs for things ordered from the states us a VERY common thing for Canadians.

#15 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
          • 2,528 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

Yeah it is very common, I had to pay $155 CDN on $680 CDN for my bridesmaid dresses. If you don't have customers getting charged customs and/or duty its probabl because its marked as "documents".... which is very smart by you! :) Goods are considered "dutiable".
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#16 mrss2010

mrss2010
            • 87 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Not only customs, but if a company ships UPS I don't order anything from them. UPS never manages to get the package to my door - I have to drive a zillion miles to pick the thing up. Then they charge me on top of any customs an extra $55 - they call it a "brokerage fee".

#17 KJT1985

KJT1985
              • 694 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mrss2010
                Not only customs, but if a company ships UPS I don't order anything from them. UPS never manages to get the package to my door - I have to drive a zillion miles to pick the thing up. Then they charge me on top of any customs an extra $55 - they call it a "brokerage fee".
                For sure, UPS is a terrible deal for Canadians! It seems be hard to completely avoid orderings things from the states though. I just thought i'd check around and see if I could give my FSIL some guidance on invites.

#18 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Yeah I've heard UPS and Fedex charge fees when doing international shipping, that's weird that they just do it for USA because I've gotten international packages from UPS and Fedex and they don't charge a thing..

#19 Mel4983

Mel4983
                  • 131 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

To the brides who used Vista Print... How was the quality of the intivations? We liked some of their designs and the prices are great but we couldn't fond an option to order a sample. We wanted to make sure that they are good quality before we go for it!

#20 JeniferLynn

JeniferLynn
                    • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

I have found Vista Print to be very good. Quality has always been great for us.
                      I have made post cards (STD), magnets, brochures as well, I am planning on making our at home reception invites on Vista Print as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users