Photo

Invite question for Canadian brides

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

My future SIL is starting to plan her wedding and is having the hardest time finding affordable invite options. They live in Toronto and everything she's found that she likes and is affordable is in the states (where she'd have to pay customs fees to receive them). So I'm wondering if all you lovely Canadian brides can point me in the direction of affordable Canadian invite sites? They're really trying to keep it well under $2 each (doesn't want anything super fancy either and is willing to DIY it). Thanks girls!!

#2 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

I made mine on VistaPrint (using one of their many 'free' email deals) and for a double sided invite with beautiful matching envelopes, I paid just over $2 per invite (including shipping from within Canada).

Front:
      Click the image to open in full size.
      Back:

Oops, sorry, don't know why that one is so big!!

#3 ~Keira~

~Keira~
      • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

I made mine by getting an invite kit from Staples. They were DIY and I thought they turned out really cute. I even added envelope liners to some using wrapping paper from Hallmark. And other I added a scalloped edge with a Martha Stewart punch. Best part was they turned out to be like $1 an invite because I bought all the stuff on sale.

~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#4 KJT1985

KJT1985
        • 694 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

WOW both of those are really awesome! I hadn't even though of vista print or staples either!! Thanks girls!

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

I used vistaprint too - just over $1 an invite I think...but I got plain envelopes, and I didn't get the linen finish. I also used them for my TY cards, return addy labels - and with my last order I even got some magnetic note pads (for personal use...not wedding!)

#6 midnight24

midnight24
            • 754 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

you could also try michael's for the DIY kits, they have some nice ones and she could add a couple touches to make them her own. plus michaels always has 40% off coupons, just go online.

i am getting mine done by some friends who just started their own business. they claim they will work with any budget so you can check them out. they are based out of windsor-chatham area. http://www.something....com/index2.php

#7 RonNMel

RonNMel
              • 388 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm probably going to be doing them myself, using things I will buy at Staples as well as Deserres (an arts & crafts store).

#8 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                • 417 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

I bought a Garner kit at michaels...wasn't too hard to DIY...no one knew and asked me over and over where I got them done. Try the Garner website...

#9 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
                  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

If she is willing to go the DIY route; that should be easy to stay within budget. Good luck!

#10 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
                    • 109 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

I DIY luggage tags invite (in my bio) I also used vistaprint for the rsvp postcards I included. LOVE vista print - easy to use and looks great!
                      March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
                      http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users