Canvas bags worth it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Taryn20

• 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

I am planning on giving our guests the personalized canvas totes. Has anyone regretted spending the money and time on these? I am just wondering if they will get used after the wedding or if they will just be tossed aside.

Any opinions??

39 Booked plus Bride & Groom!!!!

#2 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

Some brides think it's worth it, other's think its a waste. I wouldn't recommend personalizing it with all of your wedding information but maybe just the name of the island and Month/year w/a small design like a starfish/palm tree. I feel if it has too much info your guests may not use it too much beyond the trip.

I wanted to do bags in the beginning but it's not definate. I will make my decision based on the number of guests that decide to come. If it's a small group then I'll do it. I'm also afraid that it may be wasted.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#3 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

I personally didn't want to personal the bags with our wedding info and our names only because I know I wouldn't use that bag again if I attended a wedding.

I am getting black mesh beach bags because I feel those are the most practical and people should actually use them.

#4 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

If you're doing the OOT bags-Another great idea could be one of those reusable shopping bags in your wedding colors- not personalized. Fill it up with treats/ items. Guests can use it for the beach/shopping and can also use it when they get home.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#5 tmurphy82

• 156 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

Yeah--I think I am just going to put "Punta Cana, 2010" on our bags.

#6 cbell

• 475 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

I did canvas bags with an embroidered green starfish with their last initial on top of the starfish in black. They ended up costing $10 each but I think they turned out well and everyone seemed to like them. I figure they'll use them again but if not they got a nice bag to walk around with while at the resort. Plus we only had 12 couples (1 bag per couple) so it wasn't a big cost. If I had a lot of people going I'd probably just do a colorful tote from cheaptotes.com......

#7 bridej9

• 180 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

I think I am going to do the canvas tote with a monogram of the guests last names. That way it is personalized and I figured that way the guests can reuse them, who can't use another tote?

#8 Kristen110

• 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

I looked into personalizing each bag too but I thought it would be a waste. The guys would neevr use them and if I got one that had a date and location on it, I would probably never use it again either. So I decided not to get them done with any of my information.

#9 bearbunny

• 183 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

i am going to get canvas totes but no personalization on them in the hopes people will use them again.

#10 isaidyes

• 269 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

I like the idea of the canvas tote with no personalization personally. I really doubt I'd reuse the bag again. In Toronto we now have to pay for plastic bags so everyone has a million canvas totes as it is.

For my wedding i just bought some simple paper bags with handles from Michaels. Walmart sells them too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users