but he insists..

should i suck it up and get diamonds or just get what i want
    which is no diamonds!!

<3 nicole
    jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#2 TonyandTricia

• 426 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Get what you want!! I could see how it probably looks flashy on you already. Mine is similar...1.4 carats and I'm 5'7" with long fingers so it looks normal. My step mom tried on my ring, she's 4'11" with tiny hands and it looked huge!! Do what you are comfortable with!

#3 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

You should get what you want!! You are going to be wearing it, and if you are happy he will be happy! :-)

#4 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

I could never be one to turn down more diamonds but if its what YOU want then do that. Your the one who has to wear it forever :)

#5 ~Keira~

• 1,338 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Diamonds, diamonds and more diamonds. I'm not usually one for flash jewelery but when it comes to diamonds....they're just so hard to resist.
            ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

#6 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

I say go for the diamonds, but if you're not going to be comfortable with it then you may not want to wear it. Go with what you'll be comfortable with.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 lrdavis23

• 876 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

I would do what makes you feel comfortable, alot of times very simple bands look really beautiful and elegant, so I think its all in what you like and want. I could prolly never turn down more diamonds, and I love jewlery :) I too am only 5'2 110 pounds with small fingers and my E-ring is 2 carat center with 1/2 carat diamonds on the side and everybody says it looks huge but when my sister puts my ring on it dosn't look nearly the same size. The lady at the jewlery store told me I shouldn't get anyting bigger than a 2 carat for my setting and my fingers, but I disagree you can never have too many diamonds hahahahaha
                Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#8 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Definitely get what you want since you are the one who will have to wear it. Have you tried on both a diamond and plain band with your ring to see what each set looks like on your hand?

#9 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Diamonds, Diamonds and more Diamonds..lol. I absolutely love diamonds. I think an engagement ring and wedding band can never be to flashy. But ultimately you should get what you want.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#10 Marne

• 120 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'm getting both - sometimes I'll wear my engagement ring on my right hand and a plain gold band on my left - and sometimes I'll wear a diamond band with my engagement ring on my left hand. I haven't decided when I will do which - but that's the plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users