Invitation question

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

We've now decided to have an AHR. Our wedding is 7 weeks away now, so we're getting there!

My questions is about invitations. We sent out more formal invitations for the wedding, without mention of an AHR because we weren't sure. We want to go really simple for this now, so, do you think that it's acceptable if we send out invitations more like a flyer type-thing? Or is it just tacky or corny? We don't really want to spend any more money on invites. UGH, I hate all this etiquette/tradition stuff!!

Thanks ladies!

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

I think it depends on how fancy your AHR is going to be. If it's real casual (think beef and beer style) a flyer-type invite would be fine. But if it's going to be fancy, I think you might need something a little more invitation-like. But don't forget that VistaPrint has all kinds of free stuff! For my shower, they used the flat invitation (we also reused it for my menu for the AHR) and they were nice and free! Except postage of course...

#3 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, I didn't even think of Vistaprint. We ordered our RSVP cards from them using the flat card. Great idea, thanks Carly!

AHR is going to be pretty casual. We'll still rent a hall and dj and stuff, but it won't be over the top as we really can't afford that.

#4 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

Evite is another option for a casual gathering!

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#5 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by tiffandmarv
            Evite is another option for a casual gathering!
            That would be an option but we have a lot of people who aren't into the email thing, unfortunately.

#6 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

i think an a6 (postcard size)flyer will be absolutely fine.theres no right and wrong wording for you to use either.we just put michelle + jon are jetting off to mexico to be wed and they would like you to celebrate their marriage etc etc

#7 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
              • 291 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:06 AM

I definately think that Vistaprint is the way to go...

and remember that rack cards are the same as invites except you get 50 for free instead of 10!

I am planning on doing everything through Vistaprint. Im giving myself a crash course in Photoshop/Illustrator at the moment so I can have everything matching and in my own design :)

Make sure you post whatever you create so we can all see

#8 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

We are ordering our AHR invites through a woman who does calligraphy. They are gorgeous and simple. And pretty inexpensive. If you would like PM me for details!

#9 JaimeandBrandon

• 370 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:38 AM

Have you thought about a simple postcard? Or if it's at least a month or two after your wedding you could send out a wedding announcement/AHR invite all in one, using one of your wedding pictures. Like the front of the postcard could be one of your wedding pictures and it would say We're Married! then on the back you could say something like Please join us in celebrating our marriage...

#10 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

I agree with vistaprint, we used their postcards for our AHR invites and just put RSVP info on the back! We will mail them in envelopes.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users