Photo

Dress Shopping

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

Well I need to start dress shopping but I am a little concerned after watching a wedding show with my FI the other day he made a comment about not liking "V-neck" dresses...one of the dresses I love is a "V-neck" Should I just go with what I like on me or lean towards something I know he would like. Anyone else run into this?

Chrissy
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

You have to go with what looks best on you. Your FI might not have liked the look because maybe the model wasnt you lol! Ultimately i think its great to take FI's likes an dislikes into consideration but you have to feel comfortable and beautiful on your day.

#3 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
      • 512 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

Before I started shopping I had asked FI if there was anything he really did not want to see in my dress or something he was hoping he'd see. He was partial to a cap sleeve on the dress. Unfortunately for him, I did not find any dresses with sleeves like that that I liked. I went with my gut and found a dress that made me feel like a bride. :)
        Go with what makes you feel beautiful because he'll see your beauty shining through no matter what shape neckline your dress has!

#4 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I agree with the post above, go with what makes you feel beautiful!
          Loving married life! <3

#5 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
          • 3,347 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

OHHH BOY! My FI is soooo picky and I made the mistake of asking him about some dresses that I liked and he HATED them! I didn't know what to do!! I panicked and started freaking out when it came time to shop! But I agree with what the girls said, find something that looks fabulous on you, he will like it! If he really hates like for example, pick-ups on a skirt or big poofy flowers maybe try and stay away from something like that but if its just the sleeves or cut of a dress or a certain material then I wouldn't worry. Then again it is your dress, do you care what he thinks? I do to a degree so I am staying away from certain things, but I am confident he will think I am beautiful no matter what.

Go shop!
            ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#6 Patti

Patti
            • 555 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

I agree. Pick what you feel good in. Your FI will think you're beautiful no matter what. He will be looking more at your beautiful face and smile than the dress.

#7 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

you know how we've all seen that girl in a store or a bar and all the guys gravitate towards her and we might think "what do they see?" it's b/c she feels amazing in what she's wearing....go with an open mind to strapless, and try on some v-necks; and if you feel amazing, you'll look amazing!!!

#8 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                • 734 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Definitely go with what looks best on you!! You want to feel beautiful on your big day!
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#9 SuperKate

SuperKate
                  • 752 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

Definitely choose what you love the most. If you're comfortable in it, it will show and make you look even more beautiful.

#10 Girasole

Girasole
                    • 757 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks everyone. I want my FI to love how I look that day but honestly I don't know how much he will care about the "outfit" but I started to stress a bit. Thanks for making me feel better!
                      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users