Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

before everyone starts panicking remember that every LC coordinator has operated in the same way.  they are taking care of the current LC brides and grooms first, and then the future ones.  they will respond immediately when you're date is close but sometimes it takes more time when you don't need an immediate response.  i can't remember a bride yet that didn't get great, personal service when she really needed it ... when her date was fast approaching!  of course, I don't know annie but i know Kelley and Nicole (before Kelley) and they were both great so it seems LC has a pattern of fabulous WCs.  i also remember that people worried about Kelley at first!

Thanks, Ann.  I'm sure this forum will prove very useful during the planning process when we are unable to get quick responses from the WCs.   

Originally Posted by AnnR View Post

before everyone starts panicking remember that every LC coordinator has operated in the same way.  they are taking care of the current LC brides and grooms first, and then the future ones.  they will respond immediately when you're date is close but sometimes it takes more time when you don't need an immediate response.  i can't remember a bride yet that didn't get great, personal service when she really needed it ... when her date was fast approaching!  of course, I don't know annie but i know Kelley and Nicole (before Kelley) and they were both great so it seems LC has a pattern of fabulous WCs.  i also remember that people worried about Kelley at first!

Yes, stay calm. Also one of the coordinators is on her honeymoon so they are down one person.Dennise returns on the 5th. I know when I inquired last year it took Kelly 2 weeks to get back to me, so it's the same situation, they are busy with brides and grooms which is what you want when it's time for your wedding. You don't want them to neglect a detail for your day on your day because they are busy booking another future bride. They will get to your booking- trust me :) 

I think Kelly was great (i met her at a site visit in October) however, she took forever to get back to me too. I think we should give the new coordinators a chance to get used to their job, let them do their job before people jump the gun and judge based off of Kelly who, herself took a while on things.

In fact I was 1 day out from flying there and she had taken 2 weeks to return my site visit confirmation and I finally had to call. So please don't judge the new ones and if Annie is doing a ton of weddings all by herself while Dennise is on her honeymoon then that is probably why. 

Finally got in touch with Annie today and paid the deposit & booked our date for our wedding - December 29th, 2012!! I am so excited!! Annie has been a bit hard to track down but she did say she was extremely busy (and was very sweet on the phone). I'm sure that she will be returning calls/emails etc. soon once Dennise is back from her honeymoon. 

Thank goodness for this website...it seriously is helping to lay out plans, ideas and keeping me calm. Thanks for the info and reviews ladies!

Just and FYI to future brides:

I'm getting married in June and haven't needed to email Annie at all yet so I can't comment on her response time.  After I made my deposit back in September, I've just researched all my questions on here and started getting my own ideas together.  In December (6 months out) they sent me a word document on questions I need to think about for the wedding.  These are questions that I need to answer (along with inspiration pics) and send back to Annie by the middle of March (3 months out). I've also added on questions that I need to ask her specifically. Then we'll go from there and we'll see how she is after that!  (Just thought some of you newer brides might want to know the timeline of things and I'm not sure if this was the same for everyone else). 

Originally Posted by Krs398 View Post

Just and FYI to future brides:

I'm getting married in June and haven't needed to email Annie at all yet so I can't comment on her response time.  After I made my deposit back in September, I've just researched all my questions on here and started getting my own ideas together.  In December (6 months out) they sent me a word document on questions I need to think about for the wedding.  These are questions that I need to answer (along with inspiration pics) and send back to Annie by the middle of March (3 months out). I've also added on questions that I need to ask her specifically. Then we'll go from there and we'll see how she is after that!  (Just thought some of you newer brides might want to know the timeline of things and I'm not sure if this was the same for everyone else). 

Honestly getting all of your ideas together her is really a great way to go.

I highly suggest that future brides bookmark and/or pin (on pinterest now) every exact detail you want. when your date is near you will be ready to easily pass everything you want over to the coordinators

Really unless your wedding day is a month or two out there is no need to speak to the coordinators daily or weekly. It will all come together. also remember that part of the beauty of having a DW at LC is the location itself. you really do not need to bring very much decor!

just my 2 cents.

someone asked about my flowers. they were roses and tulips actually. I pretty much just told nicole what colors i wanted and told her that i trusted her call on it and that is what she got me! I really tried to not worry about somewhat minor details like the bouquet...I guess i was kind of a low maintenance bride? at least i try to tell myself i was...especially when i see my friends planning an at home wedding with hundreds of people!!!!! some of their concerns are just so crazy to me!? why doesnt everyone just fly to PV to get married on the beach?!

Hi all- Just an FYI, I am getting married in 2 weeks. I have Annie as my coordinator and she has not been responding quickly at all to my emails. I have still not been in touch with the officiant- he has not contacted me and I did not receive his info to contact him. I still did not settle my bill which was due 1 month out because she has not sent me an updated bill. Also, I did not receive the questions about what I want re: the wedding, until 6 weeks before the wedding. I also thought I would have very prompt email responses considering my wedding is coming up soon, but that's not the case. Previously when I did email Kelley, the response time was much quicker (when we emailed back in Oct/Nov). I'm sure everything will work out just great, but that has been my experience with response time.

We had no rehearsal, the only thing Annie did show us was where we walked to get to the stairs and she just told they boys what they had to do when they got there. As for the timeline of contact with Annie. we paid our deposit 18 months before and didn't have too much communication until Kelley told us about what was going on with her and then that she was leaving and 2 new planners would be starting. I didn't start actual planning with them until about 2 1/2 months before the wedding. I had saved all my inspiration pictures and made notes about everything else I wanted or had questions about.

Oh wow Laura, I can't believe you haven't closed out your bill? I'm 2 months out so mine isn't due till the end of this month, but I can't wait to pay it and get it out of my account! :) I'm sure everything will be just beautiful and I'll look forward to your review when you get back! :)