Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1231 Future Bride

Future Bride
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum and it is full of great information.  I will be getting married at Las Caletas November 21, 2012.  I look forward to reading everyones reviews. :)

-Kim

#1232 kya101

kya101
    • 645 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Welcome Kim,

This site is full of useful, awesome information. Without this this thread I would have lost my mind a long time ago!!! Happy planning and I look forward to being able to share pics and my review in 98 days ; )

Originally Posted by Future Bride 

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum and it is full of great information.  I will be getting married at Las Caletas November 21, 2012.  I look forward to reading everyones reviews. :)

-Kim

#1233 Krs398

Krs398
      • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

For those of you who hired the videographer from Vallarta Adventures... did you like the video? Was it a normal video with people talking or was it just background music the whole time?  I've been looking at samples and I'm not liking the music only videos.. but wasn't sure if that was for a different reason. 

#1234 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

i don't know if it's the same one as when i got married 4 years ago, but i have a link to my video in my siggy!

#1235 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
          • 83 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hi Everyone!  I just got back from my wedding in LC!!!!  Amazingly Epic.  Wowowowowow, that place is just gorgeous!!  I'll do a more in depth review in the coming weeks but a few highlights:

Kelley = AMAZING.  I met Denisse who is one of the girls taking over for her and she is good....learning from the master, which is a lot to learn.

Joel for hair/makeup - AMAZING.  Him and his helper don't speak much English so I brought photos of the makeup and hair I wanted.  They said they wanted to change it a little bit to make it more interesting which I was fine with.  Both turned out WAYYYY better than I ever anticipated and all my girls were very very happy with the way theirs turned out.  Very different styles of hair that complimented everyone.  If you are specifically SET on a certain picture for hair, you may hesitate using him but it will turn out fabulous regardless.  Kelley said Joel is on a trial period so she is taking feedback from the girls and will decide to put him on payroll or find someone else.

Elizabeth Lloyd Photography - I never thought a photographer could be so cool.  She was seriously awesome and didn't put down her camera all night.  Between her and her asst, they took over 7K photos which is WAYYYYY more photos than most take.  The elements were far too interesting to put the camera down.

Cloudless Weddings (from San Diego) - we flew them down because we couldn't pass up not having video of our wedding.  SO happy we had them there and they captured everything going on.  It's their first wedding season so their prices are cheap and they do amazing work.  I would highly highly recommend using them.....I should have a first edit of one of the videos by Thxgiving.

It was a beautiful day while we were getting ready and hanging out, until we started to take photos with the bridesmaids and I noticed dark clouds moving in.  It started to rain right after the First Look with my FI and then it rained most of the night, which honesty made for an even better time.  It's warm rain and and it's only water.  No one cared.  It made it for an even more unique setting.  Our photographer took us out on the swimming dock about 100 feet or so from the beach and we took photos out there and had our own dance party for like 10 mins while all our of guests were watching.  It rained through the ceremony and dinner/speeches but stopped during the first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, sky lanterns we brought, garter/bouquet toss, rained more for the dance party, stopped again for the fire dances, and rained until we got back on the boat.    Boat ride back was epic....that's all I can say.

I made Kelley arrange for us to stop at Pepe's Tacos after we got back to the Marina so they had 2 tables for our 55 guests to eat tacos at.  So delicious and the staff was all so nice.  We finally made it back to Dreams at 2:30!!! Ahhh, can't wait to share all the pics with you guys.

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
            San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#1236 lvietti

lvietti
            • 115 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Ali! It sounds amazing! SOOO glad you liked Joel! I loved him for my trial when I went there on vacation last month!!!! :) Can't wait to see your pictures and CONGRATS! Loved the dock thing- did they put you in one of the small boats and take you out there???

#1237 Kat1919

Kat1919
              • 58 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Does anyone have contact info for Joel if I want to do a trial when I'm down in PV in November?

#1238 lvietti

lvietti
                • 115 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Kat- I had Kelley set it up for me when I was down there in October! :) Just contact her she will set it up for you!!! :) 

#1239 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
                  • 83 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Here are some pics my friends/family took!  I have A TON more but I'll spare you all unless I discover other photos I HAVE to share :)

Welcome to LC!

#1240 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
                    • 83 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Here are some pics I took along with friends/family.  I won't bored you with more :)

Arriving at LC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users