TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
Tammy. I would have paid $5000 for your dress- it was AWESOME! What was the model number? I love Carolina Herrera and have looked at some of her dresses (used of course, I don't think my FI would have the same viewpoint as Steve!).
hmmm...gonna have to find the model number...where do i even look for that?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#22 REBECCA

REBECCA
  • VIP Member
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by host
    hmmm...i need to go on your acct to see...i am going to reset your pw to 123456 while i do this...when you get back on with that pw, then you cna change your pw back.
    Thanks Tammy. Let me know what you find?? I just tried to post a pic of my FI's ring and I got the same message. It was a 300 X 300 res file.
    Rebecca
    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#23 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by host
      hmmm...gonna have to find the model number...where do i even look for that?
      Sometimes they are on the tag on the dress itself, although don't look for it if you don't want me to try to copy you (on second thought, maybe I don't want the number because then I'll feel like I might actually be able to find it...hmm...)

#24 REBECCA

REBECCA
      • VIP Member
      • 1,825 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
        Sometimes they are on the tag on the dress itself, although don't look for it if you don't want me to try to copy you (on second thought, maybe I don't want the number because then I'll feel like I might actually be able to find it...hmm...)
        Also, if you go to the designers website, they usually post their past lines. Like if it was her fall 2004 line....you can search for it that way
        Rebecca
        <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
        Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#25 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

Sarah, thats an awesome find on that knock off dress, it looks identical...Priscilla of Boston makes some amazing dresses

#26 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

i looked in my dress and it just had the designer tag and thats it..i know they gave me these papers with the dress but i can't find them..

here is the dress from the runway show...it is fall 2005 collection

Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#27 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
          • 486 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
            I'm kinda in the same boat as you Sarah. I'm having a little trouble actually finding a dress that I like, so I've started looking online (I know, a little scary). Nabumbah recommended some great sites and since I'm an ebay freak I found this pretty cool dressmaker who looks like she makes some pretty good knockoffs. If you search for a specific dress on ebay (I searched for Priscilla of Boston) you might get the link to her ebay store.

Here is the Priscilla of Boston gown I love (2902), it's like $5000+

Here is the knockoff ($650)
            Hey Sarah that knock off looks pretty good, how much is she asking?

#28 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

I never thought of buying a dress online but maybe I will look and see what is out there. Sounds like a bunch of you have found some great buys.

#29 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
              • 1,188 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

LOVELY! Thanks for sending me these pictures! I am going to have to check out all the awesome suggestions the girls have mentioned. It makes me feel a lot better to know that I have options to spending thousands on a dress.
                Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
                http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#30 NATASHA

NATASHA
                • 646 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

Netbride is great. I found the bridesmaids dresses there for 40% less! They were delivered earlier than quoted.

When I was looking for dresses, I would go try them on at places like Dimetrios and then would contact Netbride or Pearl's Place. Pearl's Place is great - they won't quote you a price over email, but you can call them.

I found that some things that Netbride didn't carry were available through Pearl's Place.

(504) 885-9213.
                  http://www.pearlsplace.com

Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users