Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#921 lmarie

lmarie
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

I wrote Bev about it, I'll let you know if and when I hear back.

Originally Posted by ames9782 

well that's exactly my thoughts.  so i wanna know the real deal here, and what the heck we're supposed to do about it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lmarie 

Oh my... I hope not, I will have to ask Bev about that. I have had my date booked and confirmed for about 5 or more months now.. it better not get changed, because someone else puts down a deposit, when I was told I didnt have to put one down!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ames9782 

i know with the free package you don't have to put a deposit down.. but it's my understanding that if someone comes along and wants that day and that time, they can have it if they put down a deposit????(even though i've already booked and confirmed)  

#922 MIssdonne

MIssdonne
    • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi everyone (from Alberta!!!)

Need help!!!! I Have family from Alberta (Calgary)! They want to come to my wedding june 11 to 18 (2011), but it seems that is not easy to find a deal for GBP. Anyone know a website or travel agent? please?

Thanks

#923 akua420

akua420
      • 301 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

I went with AMA, I went to a whole bunch of travel agents, and got pretty much the same quote everywhere.  Though I did find a package on travelocity and expedia for $100 less. 

Originally Posted by MIssdonne 

Need help!!!! I Have family from Alberta (Calgary)! They want to come to my wedding june 11 to 18 (2011), but it seems that is not easy to find a deal for GBP. Anyone know a website or travel agent? please?

Thanks

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#924 MIssdonne

MIssdonne
        • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thank you

Originally Posted by akua420 

I went with AMA, I went to a whole bunch of travel agents, and got pretty much the same quote everywhere.  Though I did find a package on travelocity and expedia for $100 less. 

#925 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

We are also using AMA.  We found that everywhere we went was pretty much the exact same prices.  We chose AMA as we have used them before for travel and have had no problems.

Thanks

Originally Posted by akua420 

#926 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
          • Site Supporter
          • 252 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi Ladies-

I am new to this site :) I am getting married at GBP on 9-10-11, I have really enjoyed reading all the posts so far! I can't wait until September!

09-10-11
            Runaway Bay, Jamaica
            I married my best friend!

#927 Espejo2be

Espejo2be
            • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

I am currently living in Edmonton, AB and we have family and friends coming from all over Alberta going to GBP.  I tried AMA at 2 different locations in Edmonton and had the worst service i've ever experienced along with outragous prices.  We are going with itravel2000 - Sue, She got us great rates, everyone is completely happy with her and her prices are quite cheaper to AMA! 
              I also have a couple family members coming from Newfoundland who booked their flights with flights and booked the hotel separetely and it was also very easy and cheap!

Thanks

#928 lmarie

lmarie
              • 211 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:19 AM

I am from Newfoundland, most of our guests are travelling from here, do you mind if I ask what kind of price your guests got booking the flight and hotel separetley? Some of my guest may have to do that, since our deposits were due a few months ago and some people still have not booked with our agent yet.

Originally Posted by Espejo2be 

I am currently living in Edmonton, AB and we have family and friends coming from all over Alberta going to GBP.  I tried AMA at 2 different locations in Edmonton and had the worst service i've ever experienced along with outragous prices.  We are going with itravel2000 - Sue, She got us great rates, everyone is completely happy with her and her prices are quite cheaper to AMA! 
                I also have a couple family members coming from Newfoundland who booked their flights with flights and booked the hotel separetely and it was also very easy and cheap!

#929 katelynn

katelynn
                • 414 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

I have a weird question that my mom asked me today that I hope someone can answer. Will drinks be served throughout dinner or do we have to pay a bartender during dinner hour for drinks.

I am also wanting to get the bartender for the gazebo now after my mom said that it was a must...lol! I am hoping to strike a deal with Beverly when I am down there as we have 43 people and at $15pp/hour I think it is ridiculous seeing as it is an ALL inclusive resort! A friend at her work went to a wedding in Jamaica and they only had to pay for the bartender for like 2 hours which I think would be more reasonable. Any suggestions??

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#930 akua420

akua420
                  • 301 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

That is a good question!  I just asked a woman at the office who has been to TONS of all inclusives (I've never been to one) and she said drinks are included at the supper.  You only have to pay the bartender when he's being removed from his regular duties, and just working for you personally for the wedding. 

Try haggling, thats your best bet about the bartender. I'm not going to have that, we're just goign to go to the beach party afterwards, its on Tuesdays and I heard its super fun, so thats our plan.  I'm trying to decide if I should change into a cocktail dress, or just a white skirt and shirt, if its on the beach.

Originally Posted by katelynn 

I have a weird question that my mom asked me today that I hope someone can answer. Will drinks be served throughout dinner or do we have to pay a bartender during dinner hour for drinks.

I am also wanting to get the bartender for the gazebo now after my mom said that it was a must...lol! I am hoping to strike a deal with Beverly when I am down there as we have 43 people and at $15pp/hour I think it is ridiculous seeing as it is an ALL inclusive resort! A friend at her work went to a wedding in Jamaica and they only had to pay for the bartender for like 2 hours which I think would be more reasonable. Any suggestions??

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users