Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1651 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

please don't say "down to the wire"... my wedding is a week before yours and I'm still thinking I have almost 7 mths still to go and is there something else I need to do??  I wasn't going to fill in that form until like maybe August...

 

I'm just going to go with their sashes and I'm close on the free at 16 (I think) so covers are free and sashes at about $35... I'm fine with that.

 

I was told cake could only be white. No colour added.  I wanted to do fresh flowers for the top to try and give it some colour.  I've looked at tops and they're all plain so it's too much white.  We were going to stay with white cake though only because we know we have people with berry allergies so not taking any chances.

 

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

Hi, Ladies so I started filling out my forms for the wedding requirements and now I have a tons of questions that I am hoping someone who got married there or could possibly answer.

 

Has anyone tried the vanilla raspberry cake?

 

When they ask colour of cake decor and then in brackets say white, are you allowed to put your colour down for the decor and if so does it cost anything?

 

Does any one know how much the guest book is and why does it say bride to carry does anyone know what that means?

 

I also am filling out the part where they ask for chair covers and sashes I have the free wedding so I guess i get 16 chair covers' and have to pay for the other 8 guests chair covers? I would also have to pay for the 24 sashes which is fine.

 

So for filling out the credit card information what happens if I say I pay for the extra 8 or so people and some of them don't go do they refund my money on my card because I am paying in advance?

 

Is it true the minister takes only cash?

 

If anyone has ate at the dolce vita can you tell me what your selections were and if any of them were tasty? I am trying to pick my menu and am tossed up about beef or chicken? What are the portions like and can big eaters like my FI get seconds LOL ?

 

 

I really appreciate anyone that could answer any of these many questions but it's down to the wire and I want to send in my forms so that don't double book me or make any mistakes.

 

Thanks a bunch



 


I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

 

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

 

 

event.png


#1652 TMwedding2011

TMwedding2011
  • Newbie
  • 47 posts

    Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

    I just got married there. I have a few answers. They do not charge for chair covers anymore, just sashes cost extra.

    I paid for my free wedding by credit card, the cost is all adjusted before the wedding and nothing was charged to my credit card until after the wedding and i had to sign off on it.  The minister did not take any money, all paid through chandlyn. The ceremony fees are now $200.  Dolce Vita- We had chicken caesar salad, cream of tomato soup,   chicken with risotta as our main course, tiramisu for dessert , beware of the chicken with risotta because it states there are walnuts in it but  if anyone has a peanut allergy be careful, my mom had an allergic reaction and she is allergic to peanuts. They did substitute a vegetarian menu for our one vegan friend.  I have no idea about seconds but i was stuffed because i ate everything plus wedding cake and so was my FI.
     

    Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

    Hi, Ladies so I started filling out my forms for the wedding requirements and now I have a tons of questions that I am hoping someone who got married there or could possibly answer.

     

    Has anyone tried the vanilla raspberry cake?

     

    When they ask colour of cake decor and then in brackets say white, are you allowed to put your colour down for the decor and if so does it cost anything?

     

    Does any one know how much the guest book is and why does it say bride to carry does anyone know what that means?

     

    I also am filling out the part where they ask for chair covers and sashes I have the free wedding so I guess i get 16 chair covers' and have to pay for the other 8 guests chair covers? I would also have to pay for the 24 sashes which is fine.

     

    So for filling out the credit card information what happens if I say I pay for the extra 8 or so people and some of them don't go do they refund my money on my card because I am paying in advance?

     

    Is it true the minister takes only cash?

     

    If anyone has ate at the dolce vita can you tell me what your selections were and if any of them were tasty? I am trying to pick my menu and am tossed up about beef or chicken? What are the portions like and can big eaters like my FI get seconds LOL ?

     

     

    I really appreciate anyone that could answer any of these many questions but it's down to the wire and I want to send in my forms so that don't double book me or make any mistakes.

     

    Thanks a bunch



     



    #1653 TMwedding2011

    TMwedding2011
    • Newbie
    • 47 posts

      Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:51 PM




      what is the email for the spa?

       



       



      #1654 mekanabr

      mekanabr
      • Member
      • 537 posts

        Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:26 PM


        haha I think you are just fine time-wise.  I have less than 3 months and haven't filled that out yet! :)
         

        Originally Posted by acw271011 

        please don't say "down to the wire"... my wedding is a week before yours and I'm still thinking I have almost 7 mths still to go and is there something else I need to do??  I wasn't going to fill in that form until like maybe August...

         

        I'm just going to go with their sashes and I'm close on the free at 16 (I think) so covers are free and sashes at about $35... I'm fine with that.

         

        I was told cake could only be white. No colour added.  I wanted to do fresh flowers for the top to try and give it some colour.  I've looked at tops and they're all plain so it's too much white.  We were going to stay with white cake though only because we know we have people with berry allergies so not taking any chances.

         



         



         



        #1655 Natalie2012

        Natalie2012
        • Jr. Member
        • 212 posts

          Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

          Hey Ladies,

          What is this Free wedding package I see many of you choosing? I am  supposed to fill out my forms this week and pick a wedding package...The packages range from $700-1900...There is a lot we don't need from these packages...or are they worth getting? I was thinking of getting the blissful love? Thanks:)



          #1656 TMwedding2011

          TMwedding2011
          • Newbie
          • 47 posts

            Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

            I just had a free wedding, It was $200 for the legal fees and $150.00extra for getting the pics on a CD. I rented sashes and had 6 extra people at the dinner/wedding, over the 16 ppl so I had to pay this fee. For 22 people with the chair sashes, 83 pics on a CD, the 5 free wedding pics and legal feels it came to about $500 dollars and of course tipped Chandlynn and provided a gift. They threw in the chair covers for ceremony and dinner, Chandlynn told me that soo many people wanted the chair covers they started including them for free. I did not see that the other pkgs were worth it for me but this is a personal choice. I did not like their included bouquets for free. I used mine as the throwaway bouquet.  I would recommend bringing silk or ordering some special flowers from Tai Floral or Jan's. Happy planning, I loved every moment of it. Now I am planning our reception for over 100 people back home. :) And I am still loving it. Just relax and everything will be irie !

             

            Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

            Hey Ladies,

            What is this Free wedding package I see many of you choosing? I am  supposed to fill out my forms this week and pick a wedding package...The packages range from $700-1900...There is a lot we don't need from these packages...or are they worth getting? I was thinking of getting the blissful love? Thanks:)



             



            #1657 jenner29

            jenner29
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

              I really need someone's help...My FI and I are getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in February 2012, and I am really trying hard to make some decisions here.  I'm hoping there are some brides on here that have used the Photographer by the name of Merrick Cousley.  I am trying to decide on whether or not to bring someone from home, or use him.  Or should we just use the photographer included with the packages...If there are any brides that have used Mr. Cousley...can they post some pics that he took?



              #1658 Natalie2012

              Natalie2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 212 posts

                Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:24 PM



                Wow $500.00 sure sounds better that the $700-1300 wedding packages I am supposed to choose from...how do I go about inquiring about this free wedding? Were you given this option when you booked? What is included with the free package? Sorry about all the questoions and thanks so much for your help! Greatly appreciated!

                Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 

                I just had a free wedding, It was $200 for the legal fees and $150.00extra for getting the pics on a CD. I rented sashes and had 6 extra people at the dinner/wedding, over the 16 ppl so I had to pay this fee. For 22 people with the chair sashes, 83 pics on a CD, the 5 free wedding pics and legal feels it came to about $500 dollars and of course tipped Chandlynn and provided a gift. They threw in the chair covers for ceremony and dinner, Chandlynn told me that soo many people wanted the chair covers they started including them for free. I did not see that the other pkgs were worth it for me but this is a personal choice. I did not like their included bouquets for free. I used mine as the throwaway bouquet.  I would recommend bringing silk or ordering some special flowers from Tai Floral or Jan's. Happy planning, I loved every moment of it. Now I am planning our reception for over 100 people back home. :) And I am still loving it. Just relax and everything will be irie !

                 



                 



                 



                #1659 a084596

                a084596
                • Newbie
                • 58 posts

                  Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

                  What kind of gift did you bring for Chandlyn and how much did you tip?  I have never been away so I'm not sure who and how much I'm supposed to tip.

                  Was her assistant present as well?
                   

                  Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 

                  I just had a free wedding, It was $200 for the legal fees and $150.00extra for getting the pics on a CD. I rented sashes and had 6 extra people at the dinner/wedding, over the 16 ppl so I had to pay this fee. For 22 people with the chair sashes, 83 pics on a CD, the 5 free wedding pics and legal feels it came to about $500 dollars and of course tipped Chandlynn and provided a gift. They threw in the chair covers for ceremony and dinner, Chandlynn told me that soo many people wanted the chair covers they started including them for free. I did not see that the other pkgs were worth it for me but this is a personal choice. I did not like their included bouquets for free. I used mine as the throwaway bouquet.  I would recommend bringing silk or ordering some special flowers from Tai Floral or Jan's. Happy planning, I loved every moment of it. Now I am planning our reception for over 100 people back home. :) And I am still loving it. Just relax and everything will be irie !

                   



                   



                   



                  #1660 JayKay

                  JayKay
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

                  Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:52 PM


                  Welcome to this forum!  We are getting married in January 2012 and using Merrick Cousley.  We found him great to work with so far and his prices are very reasonable. We chose to use him over bringing someone from home as it was much cheaper.  I have heard that the photographer at the resort isn't that good.  Hope that helps!
                   

                  Originally Posted by jenner29 

                  I really need someone's help...My FI and I are getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in February 2012, and I am really trying hard to make some decisions here.  I'm hoping there are some brides on here that have used the Photographer by the name of Merrick Cousley.  I am trying to decide on whether or not to bring someone from home, or use him.  Or should we just use the photographer included with the packages...If there are any brides that have used Mr. Cousley...can they post some pics that he took?



                   






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users