Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1481 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Welcome - you're two days before me! We're Nov 17th! what time did you get??  the 15th was what we originally wanted lol but didn't get.

Originally Posted by LOKeefe 

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site...I will be getting married at the GBPJ on November 15, 2011! I have so many unanswered questions about the wedding reception...

My fiance and I got engaged at this resort in March 2010! We have 45 people attending so far. I was thinking of paying the extra money for the reception...I'm not sure why we have to pay extra for alcohol at an all inclusive resort...does anyone have any information on this?

Also, if you pay extra for the chair covers & ties...are these used for both the ceremony and reception? I was also considering the gazebo for the reception...but I'm not sure how cool the evenings are in November??

Sorry...I have soooo many questions...help!!!

Lori 

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1482 ashley490

ashley490
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

That's a great price!  Especially since the Canadian dollar is doing well.  I'll have to check out the other favors there now, I'm curious :)

Originally Posted by acw271011 

I actually found them online at Party City in the US for $2.79 each so I think I'll end up ordering from there. Plus their glasses and other favours are really great and very reasonably priced!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#1483 lmarie

lmarie
    • 211 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

Welcome LOKeefe!! Good luck with your planning

It is so nice that you are going back to the resort to get married, since you got engaged there last year!!

Originally Posted by LOKeefe 

Hi Ladies!

My fiance and I are getting married at this resort on November 15th, 2011! Our ceremony is at 2pm. That is about all I have planned. We have 45 confirmed guests attending so I am leaning toward the private reception. Does anyone know if they have options to have the reception in a banquet room? Also, does anyone have any info on why we have to pay for the alcohol per guest when we are all paying for the all inclusive?? Oh...I have sooo many questions! :)

The resort is beautiful...we actually got engaged in the wedding gazebo in March 2010!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Lori

Attached Files

#1484 lmarie

lmarie
      • 211 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

scahyer, what color was the menu that they made for you? was it printed on white paper? I saw some pics of them before but they were printed on yellow paper.

Originally Posted by schayer 

I knew I forgot something: the dinner. We initially wanted the Dolce vita but it was booked. So we went to the Garden Grill. We selected our menu with Chandlynn. We had the onion soup, Cesar salad. lamb chops and cheese cake (so delicious).

I didn't know about this but they made a  menu with our name, the date and the actual menu. It's a great keepsake. We didn't pick colors for our wedding so all the linen was white. I personally loved it because it was simple. There was no flowers on the table, and for our group it was a good thing; My bouquet, many bottles of wine and many glasses! The table is a bit secluded or at least you get the feeling.

As far as the chairs covers, we were ten so we didn't have to pay. You may have to pay after, but I'm not sure...

Oh yeah, and you also get tacky honeymoon shirts lol.

#1485 schayer

schayer
        • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Hi Lmarie,

I was about to make an attemp to describing it but realized that it much easier to simply upload a picture.

scahyer, what color was the menu that they made for you? was it printed on white paper? I saw some pics of them before but they were printed on yellow paper.

#1486 lmarie

lmarie
          • 211 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for the picture schayer! They are different than the picturs of the ones I've seen before. They are really nice!

Hope you are enjoying being a newlywed!

#1487 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
            • 200 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

Congrats Lokeefe this forum is amazing all of the girls are so helpful. I also am getting married in November on the 22nd 2011. Just after you and acw27011 so were all november brides. I am so excited for all of us brides.

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1488 katelynn

katelynn
              • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:18 AM

I have been looking at the weateher there everyday and it looks sooo hot! :) Here is the link from the weather newtwork for all of you....

http://www.theweathe...eather/jmxx0006

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#1489 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

I wish I could be there right now!  It's snowing here today! Ugh.

Originally Posted by katelynn 

I have been looking at the weateher there everyday and it looks sooo hot! :) Here is the link from the weather newtwork for all of you....

#1490 lmarie

lmarie
                • 211 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

Thanks katelynn, Im sure I will become obsessed with that website and check it every day now too, like I do with about a million other wedding related websites!! haha

I CANNOT wait to go to Jamaica!!!

Originally Posted by katelynn 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users