Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1061 lmarie

lmarie
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Thats a great deal, thanks ames!

Originally Posted by ames9782 

hey just wanted to let all you ladies know, for those of you who are still working on your OOT bags i was just on the bath and body works website  and they have the island scented travel size anti bacterial sanitizer on for 5 for $5, and the mini scented candles on for 3 for $5(it was the american one tho so it was a little more for the shipping $21 i think, maybe duty once it arrives but who knows better price than they've ever had in the store here).  i got 25 of each thing and with shipping and everything it only cost me $85!! which i thought was pretty good (works out to about $1.70 per item, which in store the sanitizer is $2 and the candles are $3.50 each) before i checked out i also searched the web for a promo code and found this one s113647 which was for 20% off your whole order.   so just thought i'd post and maybe it'll help some of you out! 

#1062 tris

tris
    • 609 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hey Bahia brides, for those of you who got the steel drum band to play at your ceremony, did they play when you and your bridal party walked down the aisle or just before/after the ceremony? I've been trying to get a playlist from the resort as we'd love to walk down the aisle to steel drums, but I really don't want the traditional "here comes the bride".

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1063 stacey33

stacey33
      • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

I just got married there on the 26th of February, so if you would like to see some pictures of the resort I can show you some. Just and FYI the resort photographers pictures are not so good. They took 147 pictures and it was hard for us to find 10 good ones, the color was all wrong, Thank god we hired Brian Nejedly, he was amazing. I would highly recommend him if you are planning on having a photographer.

Chandlyn is the wedding cordinator you will work with, she is very nice and good. The meeting with her will be less than a half hour the day after you get there, but that is all you need. You pick your cake flavors, you get 3/4 wedding bouquets to choose from also. The tables clothes are white for dinner, the chair covers are no charge but the chair ties cost you money as that is a different vendor. Plus you have to pay cash for those no credit cards excepted. We ate at the Italian restaurant and we picked the Chicken with spinach and cheese I think, well anyways it was very good.

The water is ok to drink at the resort, and the alcohol drinks are strong! If not just ask them to put more in and they will. Also if you plan on having your nails done, be for warned that it will take a good 4 hours to dry unless you go back and sit in your air conditioned room for an hour. They will smudge easy.

Everyone there is very nice so you should have no problems. Hope all this helps!

Stacey

#1064 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

if anyone wants to do the sand ceremony as part of their wedding, Tai Flora can do it. you chose your sand colour and the container can be closed up for you to take home with you. cantact Jennivie at Tai Flora at ochorios@taiflora.com

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1065 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
        • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

I talked to Chandlyn on saturday march 5th-2011 and she told me I could use teh regular birth certficates and nothing had to been notarized.

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1066 katelynn

katelynn
          • 414 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

This is totally off topic but CONGRADS! on winning the BDW bride for Feb..I checked out your linen invites and they deffinately put all my DIY to shame! lol

Originally Posted by tris 

Hey Bahia brides, for those of you who got the steel drum band to play at your ceremony, did they play when you and your bridal party walked down the aisle or just before/after the ceremony? I've been trying to get a playlist from the resort as we'd love to walk down the aisle to steel drums, but I really don't want the traditional "here comes the bride".

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#1067 tris

tris
            • 609 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Awww thanks so much :)! I was so confused when I came online and saw my name! I didn't even know I was nominated!

Originally Posted by katelynn 

This is totally off topic but CONGRADS! on winning the BDW bride for Feb..I checked out your linen invites and they deffinately put all my DIY to shame! lol

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1068 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
              • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi a084596

I rwad on here before that it was 500 dollars how did you get that rate??? That's way better. Also how do you play your own music in the gazebo??? and where can you buy the mix and booze?

Originally Posted by a084596 

You can rent the gazebo without the d.j. and bring your own music. You can buy the bottles and mixers there. To rent the gazebo is $250.00 so you save $250.00.

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1069 ames9782

ames9782
                • 166 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

i'd like to know this as well.... in all my emails that i've sent to chanlyn i've asked this question every time and it's the only one she always never answers!!!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

Hi a084596

I rwad on here before that it was 500 dollars how did you get that rate??? That's way better. Also how do you play your own music in the gazebo??? and where can you buy the mix and booze?

#1070 daveedal

daveedal
                  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hey I am getting married at Bahia Principe COBA this July. Calgary girl as well.....Congrats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users