Photo

Fire Dancers in Riviera Maya?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

We would love to have a 30-45 minute show, but I've heard it's in the price range of $1,500. Has anyone had them? If so, did your wedding coordinator make the arrangements? Was it really that expensive?

Thanks!

#2 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
    • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Yup, I got a quote of $1500 for a 45 minute show of fire dancers and stick guys from Barcelo. Ridiculous! Needless to say, unless my tax return is amazing, I won't be getting them!

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Our resort has them full time and they perform shows for entertainment. You can also hire them to perform at your wedding...I can't remember the exact price but it was definitely around $1500 if not higher.
        Hopefully my guests will go watch them some other night cause they won't be getting that show at the wedding :)

#4 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
        • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NaM
          Our resort has them full time and they perform shows for entertainment. You can also hire them to perform at your wedding...I can't remember the exact price but it was definitely around $1500 if not higher.
          Hopefully my guests will go watch them some other night cause they won't be getting that show at the wedding :)
          This is precisely why I didn't hire mine (well, other than how expensive they were). Odds are we will see them perform around the resort at some other point in the week and I will have spent all that money and lost the "wow" factor at the wedding.

#5 Taghan

Taghan
          • 239 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

I wish I could speak from experience about Mexico, but we're having our wedding in St. John USVI and our fire dancers are about $400.

#6 AlquimiaEvents

AlquimiaEvents
            • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hello Ladies,

I would like to share with you a video of our Fire Dancers. In case any of you are looking for this service in Cancun or Riviera Maya.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q_9Pga8Smhg

Happy Planning!!!

Perla Cervantes Moreno

perla@alquimiaevents.com

http://en.alquimiaevents.com

#7 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
              • 899 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

What are the costs for the fire dancers?  And do you know if the resorts charge the vendor fee if they come to the resort? 

Originally Posted by AlquimiaEvents 

Hello Ladies,

I would like to share with you a video of our Fire Dancers. In case any of you are looking for this service in Cancun or Riviera Maya.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q_9Pga8Smhg

Happy Planning!!!

Perla Cervantes Moreno

perla@alquimiaevents.com

http://en.alquimiaevents.com

#8 AlquimiaEvents

AlquimiaEvents
                • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thank you for contacting us!

The price of the fire dancers vary depending on how many people will dance & play. I would like to send you a price list so you can see the different combinatiosn that you can do. Can you provide me your e-mail or if you can contact me at perla@alquimiaevents.com

In regards to the Vendor Fee, this depends on the hotel, some of them don't apply this policy, some other do but the fee vary. In yor case I suggest to ask to your WC, since I'm sure they have a "vendor fee".

Sincerely,

Perla

#9 lalanyc

lalanyc
                  • 363 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

We were able to obtain fire dancers in Cancun for $200 for a 15 min show (which was plenty of time btw, as people's attention spans are short!).  A friend of a friend contacted them for us but I believe they worked at another resort part time.  

#10 shelbs97

shelbs97
                    • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

The day passes are what really kills you.  If I hire 7 artists for 30 minutes for $845, that's just fine.  But when I add in $616 for day passes for each dancer/performer, that's too much!

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users