Photo

Save the date magnet- personal note needed?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 buckain

buckain
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

I just got my save the date magnets- do I include a personal note with each one? is it rude to mail just the magnet? what have you done?

#2 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
    • 186 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

I'd appreciate some information on this as well. I don't want to catch anyone off guard or make them feel like I'm pressuring them to spend the money to go.

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

I'm sending out passport STD's with a magnet as well. Do you have your wedding website listed on the magnet? If so it should be enough.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

I sent a wedding info letter with the STD's. I gave them all of the pertinent information that they would need in order to book the trip. That included a little info about the hotel, room rates, airfare, etc.

For me, this was a good idea because it lessened the amount of phone calls that I received after guests received the STD! They had all of the information that they needed so there was no real reason to contact me for wedding related info immediately after receiving the STD magnet.

#5 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
          • 483 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

I also included an information letter with my STD magnet along with booking information for our wedding cruise. Here is the link to my STDs with pics http://bestdestinati....e-dates-49301/.

#6 buckain

buckain
            • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

yeah, the problem is i dont have many details planned yet! LOL just the date and place! Its still a year and a half off, so I can't book much of anything yet... thus, few details... but we do have a website, and that is on the magnet... so hopefully that will be enough... =) printed all my lables last night, stuffing envelopes tonight!!

#7 Sheree10

Sheree10
              • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Our STD was attached to an enclosure card with our website info and letting them know they should stay tuned for more info. I think you should include something else- maybe a short letter or postcard attached.
                http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

I just sent the save the dates out. And our website was on them for more information. Any other STD I have ever received never had a personal note in there. People knew they were coming so they expected them. Good Luck!

#9 Sheree10

Sheree10
                  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

Well, I guess if you don't have the travel info yet you can send it alone.
                    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#10 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                    • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

I only sent out the magnet. But, about two months before that I had sent out an informational email regarding travel agent info, pricing, etc, so they knew it was coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users