Photo

Did you do a group photo? Do you plan to?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 chevy14

chevy14
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

I would very much love to have a group photo done right after the ceremony but I have been told by a few DBs that it's hopeless trying to get everyone assembled etc. How many of you did it at your wedding? Can you post the pic?
    For those not yet married, do you plan to have a group photo done?

(sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it, I searched!)

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

We did!! And then we had it blown up really large and it's hanging in our entry hall. It's great when people come over and see themselves.

We when we reached the end of the aisle on our way up, we turned around and asked everyone to stand and join us for a photo.

Click the image to open in full size.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 staceyg

staceyg
    • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

I've seen a few group photo pics on here and on other sites. I think if you had a small group it could be easily done ...I see though you have 65 guests booked so far so it might take a bit of work to co-ordinate but I say if you really want to have one done, advise your photographer and guests of when the photo will take place and go for it!
      Looking to share a Photographer...
      We will be in Varadero, Cuba the end of April 2010 and are getting married at the Iberostar Varadero on April 27th. If there are any brides interested in sharing a photographer PM me!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/8gWOm3.png

#4 lisa_k

lisa_k
      • 113 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

We are going to have a pretty big wedding (130 people) and we are planning to do a group photo! It might not work, but it's worth a shot!

We went to a destination wedding last year with about 80 people and they did a group photo...the photog got up on a small step ladder and took the pic that way. It was so nice because they sent the pic out with their thank you cards. I really liked the idea and I plan to copy it. So hopefully our picture will work out and we can do the same!

#5 Danyelle

Danyelle
        • 368 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

I'm definitely going to try to have a group shot done. I dont' know how big our wedding will end up being, but we're inviting 80 people total. Even if all guests show up we're going to try for an awesome group shot.

#6 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
          • 286 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

I think it's a great idea and it's the only real portrait photo I want to have! I think if you make sure the photog knows and let everyone else know - maybe the officiant can mention it before the end of the service.

#7 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

I would love to do a group shot.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#8 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
              • 186 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

I was at a destination wedding in January with about 35 guests, and it really didn't take very long to take the group photo. After the cocktail party was wrapping up, they just asked everyone to stand together for a photo before leaving. They then did one with the groom and his guy friends, and the bride and her girl friends.

#9 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,368 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

We did ours right after the ceremony. It was the first formal picture we took. We had no problem getting 32 people together. I say definitely do it!

#10 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

we did it :) we had 32 guests and we just did it right after the ceremony - our WC rounded everyone up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users