Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1381 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
  • Site Supporter
  • 165 posts

    Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

    Hello ladies! Oh my gosh I get married in 3 months! I sure hope I can get everything done by then!

     

    I still need my dress altered and bustled...could someone pass me Connie's info also? Is that the best/most affordable place to go to? My dress is fairly simple along the sides so taking it in a little shouldn't be too much of a problem, so I'd like to find someone cheap.

    Thanks!!



    #1382 proti007

    proti007
    • Jr. Member
    • 467 posts

      Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

      I'm confused :S Doesn't the store where you bought your dress do the alterations? I bought mine at Cameo & Cufflinks, and getting my alterations done by their in-house seamstress (when it comes in). Is there a benefit to getting it altered elsewhere? Or do not all bridal stores in Calgary offer alterations?



      #1383 Lindslou

      Lindslou
      • Jr. Member
      • 187 posts

        Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

        Hey Natalie

         

        the only benefit of getting the alterations done some where else is that you will save a lot of $$$.  I have heard from many girls on here as well as my close friends that Connie's is fantastic and very reasonable.  You are not obligated to get the alterations done at C&C but I'm sure they do a great job.

         

        I took my dress in today as well as one of my BM dress.  I don't have to get much done but she was great to work with.  I'm going back next week to try it on after she finishes all the pining. 


        Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba


        http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

        #1384 BeachBrideSoon

        BeachBrideSoon
        • Jr. Member
        • 193 posts

          Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:15 PM



           

          Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

          Is Connie's pretty quick with alterations?  My dress arrived and I need some minor tweaks... hoping I have enough time!  Although if you're getting married at the end of the month BeachBride, and are going now, then there is hope for me  :)  I'm just two weeks after you!

           

          LindsLou - were you happy with your alterations?  Can you pass me Connie's contact info?  :)


          Ohhhhhh yes, Connie is REALLY quick with alterations, you tell her when you need the dress by and she will have it done!  Especially if all you need is minor tweaks, you are good to go!  Maybe give her warning if you are doing it in a short period of time, but we are still waiting for a BM dress to show up and still need alterations on it.  I've had to alter a BM dress before and it was great!  She's sooo laid back and relaxed.

          Her info is...

          Connie's Alterations

          1-227 14 Street SW - Parking behind the building

          403-270-8166 



          Originally Posted by bryanandchar 

          Hello ladies! Oh my gosh I get married in 3 months! I sure hope I can get everything done by then!

           

          I still need my dress altered and bustled...could someone pass me Connie's info also? Is that the best/most affordable place to go to? My dress is fairly simple along the sides so taking it in a little shouldn't be too much of a problem, so I'd like to find someone cheap.

          Thanks!!

           

           Oh, if you've got 3 months...you've got plenty of time!  I had the hips taken in, bustled, added tulle underneath, fixed up the bust area so I wouldn't have to wear a bra and she's adding a bustle.  I don't think she's started on my dress yet because I didn't bring my shoes with me because I didn't need it hemmed but she needs to see them for the bustle, oops!  I'm not sure how much its going to cost at this point, but I'll let you know.



          Originally Posted by proti007 

          I'm confused :S Doesn't the store where you bought your dress do the alterations? I bought mine at Cameo & Cufflinks, and getting my alterations done by their in-house seamstress (when it comes in). Is there a benefit to getting it altered elsewhere? Or do not all bridal stores in Calgary offer alterations?

           

          I bought my dress next door from Cameo & Cufflinks at Parisian and they don't have alterations there, they send you elsewhere.  I would think they would offer you a deal on alterations since you bought the dress there?

           


          BeachBrideSoon

          #1385 Lindslou

          Lindslou
          • Jr. Member
          • 187 posts

            Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

            Hey Girls

             

            She is really fast with alterations and from what other girls have said after using her very afforable.  Her phone # is 403-270-8166

             



            Hello ladies! Oh my gosh I get married in 3 months! I sure hope I can get everything done by then!

             

            I still need my dress altered and bustled...could someone pass me Connie's info also? Is that the best/most affordable place to go to? My dress is fairly simple along the sides so taking it in a little shouldn't be too much of a problem, so I'd like to find someone cheap.

            Thanks!!



             



            Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

            Is Connie's pretty quick with alterations?  My dress arrived and I need some minor tweaks... hoping I have enough time!  Although if you're getting married at the end of the month BeachBride, and are going now, then there is hope for me  :)  I'm just two weeks after you!

             

            LindsLou - were you happy with your alterations?  Can you pass me Connie's contact info?  :)




            Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba


            http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

            #1386 cookiemunchkin

            cookiemunchkin
            • Jr. Member
            • 376 posts

              Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

              Thanks ladies!

               

              Natalie - I didn't buy my dress in Calgary, so I'm on my own for alterations.  Luckily it fits almost perfectly, but I need a bustle and some material removed from the waist - looks like it was made for someone 2 months pregnant!  :)



              #1387 pamphilia

              pamphilia
              • Jr. Member
              • 362 posts

                Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

                Hey gals,

                 

                Just chiming in on Connie!  I took my dress to her a couple of weeks ago for alterations and can vouch that she is super fast and easy to work with.  I had the whole zipper cut out and a corset back put in, taken in at the hips, shorten hem a little, and bustle - and she quoted me $200 for the whole shebang.  I think that is pretty darn good!

                 

                She can do minor dress alterations within a few days, so you have nothing to worry about!

                 

                Pam


                ~pam

                #1388 lsmith211

                lsmith211
                • Jr. Member
                • 168 posts

                  Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:29 PM



                  Originally Posted by pamphilia 

                  Hey gals,

                   

                  Just chiming in on Connie!  I took my dress to her a couple of weeks ago for alterations and can vouch that she is super fast and easy to work with.  I had the whole zipper cut out and a corset back put in, taken in at the hips, shorten hem a little, and bustle - and she quoted me $200 for the whole shebang.  I think that is pretty darn good!

                   

                  She can do minor dress alterations within a few days, so you have nothing to worry about!

                   

                  Pam


                  Question for you Pam - I want to get my zip-up changed to a corset back as well, but my dress is an odd color - its called pearl, so its kind of ivory.  Does she need any extra material to do the corset, or can she manage with what's already there?  Not sure if you know this, but thought I'd throw the question out just in case!
                   



                  #1389 JayKay

                  JayKay
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

                  Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

                  Hi everyone!

                   

                  I'm not from Calgary (from Medicine Hat) but will be coming to Calgary to go dress shopping.  Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions of places to go to? I don't know any of the bridal stores in Calgary!  Thanks so much!



                  #1390 Boo

                  Boo
                  • Member
                  • 785 posts

                    Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

                    I got my dress at Cameo and Cufflinks - looooooved the service there!

                     

                    In terms of alterations I didnt have much, but many trips! I had pads added (I highly recommend going to an actual lingerie store and getting their pads, I found at Cameo and Cufflinks they were just pancakes, did nothing to lift) and then the dress had boning added at the seam and zipper and taken in and out and in again (ha ha!) and the alterations lady at C & C was great! (one of them was fantastic and the other a disaster... my first dress fitting really didnt go well, the pancakes! oh the pancakes! sent me on a crazy hunt for a corset, much money and effort spent later but then much better communication with the second lady at C & C and no corset, just better inserts and I was all set!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users