Jump to content
KRama

Calgary Brides!

Recommended Posts

Count me in for the 2nd!

 

For disposable cameras, I've seen a pack of 5 in the wedding section at Michaels.  Cant remember the exact price, but I do remember thinking it was a pretty good deal if bought with one of those 50% coupons.

 

We just had our religious ceremony this past weekend!  I had always said that I wasn't going to consider it a real wedding at all, but I do have to admit that I feel a bit married lol.  Totally cant wait for our "real" wedding in Mexico now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies - did any of you have to get your documents notarized to send to the resort?  If so, any recommendations on where to get them done?  Seems like the pricing is crazy for the few I found that post prices (like $60 a document and we have 4).  Appreciate any suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies,

 

I have booked a reso for 4 of us - Linds, Sandy, Rajini and myself - if anyone else wants to join feel free.

 

We will be at O Lounge in Kennsington - reso is for 6PM under my name.

 

I am looking forward to this meeting - can wait to see Linds and Rajini before their weddings this month!

 

Nat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just to confirm, this is the same place we met at last time, right?
 

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 View Post

Hey Ladies,

 

I have booked a reso for 4 of us - Linds, Sandy, Rajini and myself - if anyone else wants to join feel free.

 

We will be at O Lounge in Kennsington - reso is for 6PM under my name.

 

I am looking forward to this meeting - can wait to see Linds and Rajini before their weddings this month!

 

Nat



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went to a notary in town (Calgary Mobile Notary) - we had 4 documents but they copied 2 documents/page (eg. passport and birth cert), so it wasn't as bad of a cost. The big cost I wasn't expecting was the price to Fed-Ex to Jamaica - $70! But, I think all that together is still cheaper than doing a legal ceremony locally. I think it helps if you know someone!!

 

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Hi ladies - did any of you have to get your documents notarized to send to the resort?  If so, any recommendations on where to get them done?  Seems like the pricing is crazy for the few I found that post prices (like $60 a document and we have 4).  Appreciate any suggestions!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is still looking for cheap beach cover-ups or dresses, the Fairweather in Deerfoot Outlet Mall (off Deerfoot and 64 ave NE) is clearing out everything and they had a TON of stuff!  Lot of things that are 3 for $10 and 3 for $20.  My MIL and I practically cleaned out the place lol. 

 

We had our legal stuff done this weekend!  I keep calling him husband and he keeps telling me not to wear that out before our "real" wedding in Mexico, but I cant help myself haha.  It feels nice though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on being a wifey! So exciting :) I've still got 170 days until I can call Greg husband!
 

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

If anyone is still looking for cheap beach cover-ups or dresses, the Fairweather in Deerfoot Outlet Mall (off Deerfoot and 64 ave NE) is clearing out everything and they had a TON of stuff!  Lot of things that are 3 for $10 and 3 for $20.  My MIL and I practically cleaned out the place lol. 

 

We had our legal stuff done this weekend!  I keep calling him husband and he keeps telling me not to wear that out before our "real" wedding in Mexico, but I cant help myself haha.  It feels nice though :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×