52 replies to this topic

#21 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KJT1985
    Did you order a dress they had in their ebay store or ask for one that wasn't shown? I want to order a knockoff dress because I just can't spend $1200 on the original with alterations on top of it. I got a quote from Landy Bridal which a lot of brides on here recommend but they were a bit more than I thought they were going to be - $420. And the dress isn't huge. It DOES have some beading on it so I knew it wouldn't be the cheapest but they have some on their website with just as much detail for less money. Anyway I'm rambling. If I could get another quote that would be awesome. Especially since it looks like they do amazing work!!
    I ordered one they had in the Ebay store. But you can try contacting the seller and finding out if they can do it for you - or you might find it in thier store. Its worth a look, anyway. Mine had beading on it - maybe not as much as yours, but the whole top section is beaded.
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#22 Tam

Tam
    • 551 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

Your dress looks great! Where did you get it from and how long did it take to get? I need a TTD dress still and don't want to spend a lot of $ on it. :)

#23 Tam

Tam
      • 551 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

sorry, just realized you already posted all the info!

#24 finleys7

finleys7
        • 703 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

Very pretty!!!
          Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
          Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#25 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

WOOOOWWW! IT looks great! Glad you got such a great deal! Your FI will LOVE it!
            Loving married life! <3

#26 bholthof

bholthof
            • Banned
            • 323 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sammysgirl
              WOOOOWWW! IT looks great! Glad you got such a great deal! Your FI will LOVE it!
              LOL I hope so - my sister says he is gonna HATE the tie ups in the back!! lol
              21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#27 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
              • 280 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

looks good, price good...can't wait to see it altered and perfect on you!

#28 nicitica

nicitica
                • 186 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

How does the dress and material FEEL on you? Does it feel pretty good compared to dresses you've tried on in the bridal salons? I have not started shopping yet, but i found a pic of a dress today on some China mfg dress website that I fell in love with! I wonder if it's worth a shot. Can you tell me what sort of material it is made of? Is it lightweight??
                  Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#29 alkoch

alkoch
                  • 515 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

You look great in the dress! Congrats! I am off to see if they have a legal day dress that I can order!! Glad you had such a good experience and what a deal!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KJT1985
                    Did you order a dress they had in their ebay store or ask for one that wasn't shown? I want to order a knockoff dress because I just can't spend $1200 on the original with alterations on top of it. I got a quote from Landy Bridal which a lot of brides on here recommend but they were a bit more than I thought they were going to be - $420. And the dress isn't huge. It DOES have some beading on it so I knew it wouldn't be the cheapest but they have some on their website with just as much detail for less money. Anyway I'm rambling. If I could get another quote that would be awesome. Especially since it looks like they do amazing work!!
                    I would take a look at lightinthebox.com they have tons of dresses and do custom orders. I haven't ordered from there but I know a tons of brides on here have - do a search for knockoff dresses and I bet you would get some info!

You look great in the dress! Congrats! I am off to see if they have a legal day dress that I can order!!

#30 KJT1985

KJT1985
                    • 694 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by alkoch

I would take a look at lightinthebox.com they have tons of dresses and do custom orders. I haven't ordered from there but I know a tons of brides on here have - do a search for knockoff dresses and I bet you would get some info!
                      Yeah, I did but lightinthebox is much more expensive for the dress I want. I don't just want to browse till I find something I like - I'm looking for a specific dress. I've posted on the knockoff thread already. I've had two quotes they're just very different in price and I have decided who to go with or if i'll even be sacrificing quality for cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users