• 167 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

Good luck, I'm thinking of you.

#12 ~Katie~

~Katie~
    • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:37 AM

hi,

This may not be much help for you now but hopefully will help other brides shipping stuff via Fed-Ex - they do NOT allow you to ship any liquids. My FH works for them here in the UK and works on the international shipping side and things will get ceased at customs if the paperwork is not completed correctly or you have packed things that you are not allowed to ship.

Unfortunately I do not know how to help you get your boxes back the problem is the tequila as it is a liquid and therefore banned, so if there is some way of excluding this from your package, you should then be ok.

Before shipping anything you should be aware of the customs rules of the country you are shipping to, as well as the courier company - Freight Terms and Conditions - General Terms and Conditions at FedEx.com

Here's Fed-Ex's restrictions:

You are prohibited from tendering the following items for shipment, and they will not be accepted:

- Cash, currency, collectible stamps and coins.
      - Live animals, except as provided in the Live Animals and Ornamental Marine Life (Including Live Fish) section. (Edible seafood, such as live lobsters, crabs or other types of fish and shellfish for human consumption, is acceptable, provided the shipper is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.)
      - Animal carcasses. (Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged. This restriction does not apply to properly packaged meat or poultry products intended for human consumption.)
      - Human corpses, human body parts, human embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
      - Shipments that require us to obtain a local, state or federal license for their transportation.
      - Shipments that may cause damage or delay to equipment, personnel or other shipments.
      - Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
      - Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes, or other medical waste.
      - Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odor of any kind.
      - Live insects.
      - Shipments or commodities that are prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
      - Waste or garbage for disposal.

Notwithstanding any other provision of the FedEx Service Guide, we are not liable for delay of, loss of or damage to a shipment of any prohibited item. The shipper agrees to indemnify FedEx for any and all costs, fees and expenses FedEx incurs as a result of the shipper's violation of any local, state or federal laws or regulations or from tendering any prohibited item for shipment.

The alcohol comes under the point relating to 'products that are wet, leaking, or omit an odor of any kind'

Hope this helps someone!!

#13 heart0476

heart0476
      • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Wow, all this info is great- thanks Ladies.

Unfortunately, I found out today that my box was burned. Apparently that's the what happens the box has been sitting in customs for one week. I am devestated! Oh well, worse things could happen- at least that's what I keep telling myself!

I hope this helps future brides out...good luck!

#14 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

Oh my gosh that sucks! I really hope you can get this figured out in time. Kepp up posted and good luck!

#15 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
          • 929 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear that your things have been destroyed You're being such a trooper & looking on the bright side, so good for you. I hope you have a wonderful wedding next week!!!! Good luck!!!

#16 ldeavila

ldeavila
            • 206 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

OMG!!! How terrible!! Did you have any insurance with Fed-ex? Maybe you can file a claim with them or something and get some kind of compensation from them?
              [IMG]
              Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#17 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. You are having such a positive attitude about the whole thing. I know your wedding is going to be great regardless of what was in that box. Thanks for sharing your experience and hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else!

#18 tkolman773

tkolman773
                • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

I'm so sorry that it was destroyed Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it will be helpful for future brides.

#19 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

Burned That's horrible!!!! I'm so sorry!

Has anyone shipped to Mexico successfully? I'm planning on shipping my OOT bag contents and Centerpiece contents down there and this makes me soooooo nervous.

#20 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                    • 661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

oh my gosh! They burned it? WTF? Well you are handling it so much better then I would. Koodos to you! Way to stay positive. Im really sorry to hear about that. I wish you had better news. Thank you for sharing this misfortune, hopefully another bride wont have to go thru the same thing bc you made us aware!
                      Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users