• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

Me again....

I'm trying to make some decisions...and I was wondering what you guys think is better from experience....the Spanish Guitar guy or the Trio Mariachi. I can't afford the whole mariachi and honestly I don't even know if the "trio" is a mariachi??

I just want to have them for the ceremony and maybe cocktail hour but I only want to pay for an hour...so who knows....I must sound like a total cheapskate

#2 olisa6

olisa6
    • 125 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

I am no help because I haven't booked any yet but I'd love to see what other brides responses are to this...

#3 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

i think a spanish guitar sounds very romantic...

#4 lavalos

lavalos
        • 261 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:16 AM

We're going with the Spanish guitar for cocktail hour because my FI hates mariachi music. He'd kill me if I booked mariachis. It's slightly cheaper as well.

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

Yeah Maye quoted me $270 for spanish guitar and $325 for Trio Mariachi....

The price difference isn't huge...but I haven't heard either one so I don't know....Plus, I am still wondering if we even need it...I am really leaning toward the ipod thing and I could use the $270 for something else....

We will see...

#6 jak27

jak27
            • 715 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

Michelle, I would go with the guitar...only b/c i think it's a bit more romantic than a mariachi.

I'm not sure what the Trio would include though...guiar, violin & another piece maybe?

#7 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

We went with Maye's trio - they don't play mariachi music. They're a traditional trio and they have a very large and varied list.

They were amazing. They even learned and played O Sole Mio for my processional. It was far more beautiful than I expected. My friend is a professional musician and he said that he was really impressed with them.

That being said, I don't think anyone will notice the difference between a soloist or a trio.
                Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#8 NATASHA

NATASHA
                • 646 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Oh - and our trio was a guitar, flute, and bass.
                  Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#9 Janet

Janet
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,459 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

We had a solo classical guitar and he was a big hit. I would definitely spend the $$ again if I had to.

As for which one to choose, I think you probably can't go wrong. Either way it will provide some romance and ambience and I think your guests will like it. (And this is coming from a cheapskate myself :) )

#10 lavalos

lavalos
                    • 261 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hi Janet,
                      What style was your solo guitarist? Who did you use? I know you said he was a big hit! We want to find someone who plays a mix of romance and flamenco style (something like a Gipsy Kings guitarist!).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JANET1111
                      We had a solo classical guitar and he was a big hit. I would definitely spend the $$ again if I had to.

As for which one to choose, I think you probably can't go wrong. Either way it will provide some romance and ambience and I think your guests will like it. (And this is coming from a cheapskate myself :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users