Do you think this is tacky for my oot bags?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 juliepfeif

• 286 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Patti - I love how your FI takes them to shelters. That is a fantastic idea!

jenv - I think it's actually a good idea and I like the personalized label idea too! Especially as nicer hotels have nicer items!

#12 jenv

• 169 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

thanks ladies for the advice!!! i do the same as patti's FI and bring them to the womans shelter or the homeless shelter. not sure if i will use them but if i do i will put my own labels on them.

#13 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

I think it would make me smile if you put them in a pouch saying something like "all items hand stolen just for you!" I do not think people care if you paid for them or if they were free.

#14 Jtswedding

• 255 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

Check what your hotel supplies first when we did our site visit our hotel actually provided a bunch of stuff I had on our oot bag list like razors and nail files and aloe and Shampoo and conditioner of course.

#15 Ms325i

• 204 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Great idea! But definitely personalize them.

#16 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

i think its a fantastic idea!!!! and it would save money!

#17 Jocy

• 209 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Patti - that's the best idea ever!! I'm definitely going to start collecting and donating!! :o)

OP - agree with the thread on this one. Personalized labels and you've got yourself a cute little OOT bag gift!

#18 akua420

• 301 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

It depends on the bottles of stuff. i've stayed at hotels where they don't hasve the hotel logo on it, it just says the lotion and all that stuff.  So if thats the case, nobody would know.  But if it does have the hotel logo, like everyone else said get a print-out sticker sheet and just cover them up!  I wouldn't take the labels off in case it rips the package and sometimes the sticker pages are really thin and you can see whats underneath them, so your best bet is to cover with a white sticker, then cover that with your logo sticker. 

Originally Posted by Patti 

I agree, but won't your hotel where your guests are staying have their own shampoo, etc? MY FI travels a lot too, always brings all of that home, and when he gets a good supply, he takes them to a women's shelter.

My dad does the same thing!!!!  great minds think alike, haha.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#19 rkingtx

• 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

I agree with others. Tacky without the personalized labels.

#20 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

I know it's late but I don't think it's tacky I think it's cute - if they know you work as a flight attendant I think it's cute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users