Sign in to follow this  
jenv

The nerve of my sister in law!!!!!

so i got in engaged in august and we've decided to get married feb 2011. we also decided that if we were going to have an engagement party we were going to do it next summer.

my sister in-law has taken it apon herself to have an engagement party only giving our guest about a months notice. normally that would be fine but the problem is that my family and friends live in ontario and my fi and i and all of his family live in calgary. what really makes me angry is that my sister in-law has the nerve to ask my mom to pay for half of the party. i am so mad since she is inviting about 50 people and out of that 50 i only have about 8 people coming for me!!!!

the problem with this whole thing is that i'm not allowed to know about her asking my mom to pay....

i am so mad since my parents first have to pay to fly out and then she has the nerve to ask my mom to pay since it is her party she is hosting!!!

sorry just needed to vent!!!!

wow I'm sorry to hear that. Is there any way you or your mom can politely explain that you were planning to have your party next summer so that your friends and family can attend and 30 days is just too short of notice?

Gotta love the SIL from hell.... I think if I was hosting the party it would be my wallet that would be open and I would say "this is your engagment gift". Just weird not to... i had an baby shower for a friend and I paid for everything... It was my gift to her and her baby. I did chip in $10.00 towards the stroller, and her Aunt bought dessert from her bakery. I am sure the shower was much cheaper than your party however that is her brother and this gal was my friend. Common sense!!!!!!!

She's got alot of nerve!!! And to think she hit up your mom to pay for half within a months noticehuh.gif? Ugh I swear is their like a secret organization where future sister in laws band together to cause problems? Because they sure are banding on my end too to pull crap like this! I feel for yah.

thanks ladies!!! somy mom has talked to her and said that she would like to keep the sending to as less as possible since my mom and dad do have to pay $400 dollars to come to calgary . my mom has also suggested to make as much things at home and she is more then willing to do that instead of platters already made.

i also think it should come out of her wallet if she wants to have it. my fi has said he'll pay for it if it comes down to it. i said there is no way were doing that since we don't even really want the party and it was her idea.

Man, oh, man. You definitely get all sorts of types of people when it comes to wedding stuff. Your mom shouldn't have to pay for a party she wants inviting her people only pretty much.

Nice! Thats like sending out invitations saying "you are invited to my party... and btw, would you mind helping me pay for it too?" She sounds like she want all the kudos and glory of hosting a party, without the hassle and expense that come with it. I'm glad your mother told her no!