Photo

Great sunset cruise vendor in Montego Bay

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. R

Mrs. R
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

In lieu of a rehearsal dinner, we hosted a sunset cruise of Montego Bay from 5-7pm open for all of our guests (nearly 70 people from age 3-74!). We booked the cruise on a 52' catamaran with Freestyle Sailing and it was WONDERFUL! Denise Taylor was our coordinator and she could not have been any nicer and more helpful.

We paid $40 pp (including tax- kids under 12 were free!) which covered RT shuttles from our hotel, the two-hour cruise, open bar and snorkeling lessons! For an extra few dollars per person, Denise supplied a bunch of yummy Jamaican appetizers including jerk chicken, beef patties etc. The staff on board was AWESOME-- we had five certified snorkeling instructors and a bar staff. It really was an experience of a lifetime for all of our guests... I'd highly recommend it to any Jamaican brides!

Denise Taylor: Click the image to open in full size.

Kids learning to snorkel (the boat towed a trampoline so kids and adults could ease into snorkeling-- awesome!):

Click the image to open in full size.
    http://i829.photobuc....b/ruins1-1.jpg

Married July 31, 2009
    Hilton Rose Hall Resort in Montego Bay
    photos by: psphotogallery.com

#2 Flasong

Flasong
    • 340 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

looks like alot of fun!

#3 tauristar

tauristar
      • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

this is great info! I'm very excited!
        thanks for sharing :)
        Love is in the air!

May 2010

#4 Mrs K 2010!

Mrs K 2010!
        • 57 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

Thats our idea too! We are gonna do a different cruise but we are doing ours the day before.. altho the night of the wedding would be great we do dinner at six and by the time dinner is done.. I dont know if we would have time to do a cruise or not.. Our problem is if we do it as an afternoon activity some might not arrive in time. hmmm something to think about.. never the less we are super excited too! and we will figure it out and itll b fun. =)

May 2010-- We are date twins! Idk if we already established that yet somewhere else..but.. whoo hooo! Congrats~ We will be looking at the same sunset on our wedding night! Awesome!!_---Or so I thought Im sorry your a day before us.. lol.. still... a very big congrats to youuuuu =)

#5 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
          • 547 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for sharing! I would like to arrange something like this instead of a dinner too.
            *~*JENN*~*

#6 brownting

brownting
            • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

That is a great idea. I will be looking into it.

#7 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
              • 487 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

That looks like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing!!

#8 Marne

Marne
                • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

This sounds so fun - we're thinking of doing it as an activity on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

#9 McGloth

McGloth
                  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the reference. We were looking for something to occupy our guests time between the ceremony and reception. The ceremony is at 2pm, but the dinner reception won't start until 6:30pm. This is perfect! BTW...Denise responded very quickly.

#10 palmtree

palmtree
                    • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone been on these catamarans? Do you know if there's space for guests to change on them? Can you get food on them too? Does freestyle sailing have a website?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users