Photo

No outside vendors at Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

So yesterday I got an email from the WC at the RIU Palace and they made a rule as of yesterday that they will no longer allow outside vendors (photographer, DJ, Florist,). You can't even pay the $100 to have them come in for the day. You will have to use Mango Weddings. I took a look at their website it looks like the do nice work.

#2 Nikonphotographer

Nikonphotographer
    • Vendor
    • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

Have you seen another vendor´s work Mango is one of the cheapest and ugliest quality work i had ever seen. They don´t retouch the pictures,they have serious flaws in photo technique and in video they´re too obsolete and crappy. They have a lot of equipment, but they hire students to do most of their work... not professionals.

Trust me don´t go with them. You are gonna regret it all your life.

Ryu cannot see the damage and the trouble they´re getting into. A hotel has no right to impose a photographer or videographer to a bride... i had seen that brides that suffer that change the hotel rather than stay.

Dont make a mistake... change hotel instead.

And I´m not a vendor... I´m an angry Groom that married using Mango. Married last year.

I hope that i dont get a ban for this i posted.

#3 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Sandals, where I was married, does the same thing. It really irritated me!! I actually just bought very little. Honestly, I bought 1 photo, just to hang on my wall. Then I just used my snap shots to create my wedding album. We did get a really good camera before we left and asked friends to take lots and lots of pictures. Most turned out really well! I edited a lot of them.
        I wish Sandals would have had better quality and then I would have purchased more but really tried not to stress about. In the long run. I have pictures and wonderful memories and I was married, which was all that really matter to me anyways.

#4 blumenthale

blumenthale
        • 242 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Is this rule at RIU at every resort?

#5 JCruz

JCruz
          • 154 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

I just got an email about this from my photographer who I booked a few months ago for my wedding next year. Does anyone know if they will still honor contracts made prior to the announcement of this policy?

I just sent an email to Daniela. I really hope I didn't just lose my deposit. This is so upsetting.

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Ya this is why I chose Dreams over the Riu. I hate that they are so restrictive with the vendor choices. Hopefully they will honour old contracts, and if not, maybe look into switching to Dreams if you have your heart set on a certain vendor...?

#7 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
              • 174 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

hi jcruz, i hope she will still honor it or at the very least I hope the photographer will give you a deposit back. What day are you getting married?

#8 mitzy7

mitzy7
                • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

That is horrible news!!

What if you brough a photographer and pretended they were one of your guests? Do you think you could still get away with that? How would they know that you just didn't ask one of your friends who were into photography to take some pics of you?

#9 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                  • 1,114 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Uh-oh. We even changed our date to accommodate Elizabeth Medina, who I ADORE. I just emailed the gal at Riu. I was previously quoted by the other coordinator that this could be done for the $100 fee... but she is gone now!!!!

EM may even stay at the resort the night of my wedding, so I am asking if that changes things... Keep you posted!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#10 ~Angela~

~Angela~
                    • 4,172 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by *Heather*
                      Ya this is why I chose Dreams over the Riu. I hate that they are so restrictive with the vendor choices. Hopefully they will honour old contracts, and if not, maybe look into switching to Dreams if you have your heart set on a certain vendor...?
                      Me too. I've been the Riu and loved it, but their rules for weddings suck!

I would hope that they would honour previous contracts ..... they should if it's in writing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users