Photo

May 2010 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1503 replies to this topic

#231 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

I'm doing my BD shoot this Sunday which I'm freaking out about!
    I'm waiting for my invites to be completed so I can send them out
    Trying to get people to book, so frustrating!

#232 Girasole

Girasole
    • 757 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

I haven't started stressing yet but definitely working on the holiday pounds + a few extra (Ha!) and my goal is to get our invitations out by the 15th. Hope that plan works!
      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#233 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

I would have to say that my body is my biggest worry/goal! I have about 15lbs left to lose!!! I hope I can make it!
        Loving married life! <3

#234 Julie H

Julie H
        • 53 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

15 pounds must be the magic number! 20 would'nt be bad either.

#235 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

May feels a lot of closer now!

I haven't started on my invitations. I really need to kick myself in the butt to get started on it. At least, i ordered my RSVP post cards.

Everything else, I just need to decide at the resort. I don't think I am doing OOT bags but we'll see how many people will go.

4 of my bridesmaids have not booked and R's 5 groomsmen have not booked either. Blah.

#236 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

Lady Di - I'm in the spot with people booking, I actually think people are ignoring me and I've lost 14 people in the last month. I'm freaking devasted...

I only have 2 bridesmaids and one groomsman booked out of a wedding party of 12

#237 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                Lady Di - I'm in the spot with people booking, I actually think people are ignoring me and I've lost 14 people in the last month. I'm freaking devasted...

I only have 2 bridesmaids and one groomsman booked out of a wedding party of 12
                Eeeh, only 5 out of 11 are booked for our wedding party. I hate feeling like a nag asking rest of my bridesmaids when will they book. I just told them that there is a $318 roundtrip flight and it was the cheapest i've seen! let's see if they will take action on it.

you just have to know that in the end, it's you and your FI. i've been putting that in perspective and hey, we won't have to pay so much $$ if not a lot of people come!

i hope you have a better luck with your wedding party.

#238 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                  Eeeh, only 5 out of 11 are booked for our wedding party. I hate feeling like a nag asking rest of my bridesmaids when will they book. I just told them that there is a $318 roundtrip flight and it was the cheapest i've seen! let's see if they will take action on it.

you just have to know that in the end, it's you and your FI. i've been putting that in perspective and hey, we won't have to pay so much $$ if not a lot of people come!

i hope you have a better luck with your wedding party.
                  People just always think that they can find a better price! I told everyone about direct round trip flights when they were $238!! You think people bought tickets? I think maybe four of them did...

Anyways, thank you!! I'm trying to stay positive, I know it will all work out fine

#239 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                  • 5,078 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                    People just always think that they can find a better price! I told everyone about direct round trip flights when they were $238!! You think people bought tickets? I think maybe four of them did...

Anyways, thank you!! I'm trying to stay positive, I know it will all work out fine
                    Haha, drinking is in order after your wedding!!

Another way I see it is that if they fail to RSVP then they won't get a plated dinner...simple like that. I know it sounds mean or whatever but is it so freaking hard to RSVP? Just send the RSVP card back! We plan to call people if they RSVPed yes to make sure they actually booked their trips. That's another whole thing!

#240 Reya

Reya
                    • 174 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hello Ladies, another May Bride here.

My date is set for May12th, 2010 at the Grand Palladium Jamaica.

We sent out our Invitations a few months ago.

I have to admit, I am getting a bit NERVOUS about how quickly it is going to come.

So far, we have 29 (and growing) adults booked, not including Mr Groom and myself. I don’t know about the rest of you but I am racking my BRAIN trying to figure out WHAT to do for them (In terms of giveaways). I also find that I am a bit stumped in terms of additional d©cor that I wish to take with me.

Glad to see that I have a LOT of company in MAY :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users