Bustle on the beach or no

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
  • Banned
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

I have a train but not toooooooooo long. However I am debating if I should just bustle it for the wedding or let it drag.
    With your dress if you have a train are you going to have it drag or have it up and bustled?
    If I bustle mine you will still see pretty detail but when it lays out looking at the pics I feel like a hump back whale!

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

I say let it drag - if it starts to get in your way or stepped on, then you can bustle it - I lknow I'l be letting my train go - mine isn't very long either.
      Do you have pics you can post to show?

#3 amandalsu

amandalsu
      • 122 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

What is the material of the train? I say keep it down and bustle for the reception. The sand won't get it dirty. You can have someone shake it out (good job for your brand new DH) when you get done at the beach.

#4 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

http://i4.photobucke....7/DSCN1729.jpg

I will be taking the straps off my dress and also tuck the bow in from the corset I dont like it out.

#5 TeNeil

TeNeil
          • 192 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

I say keep it down! Pictures will look amazing.

#6 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
            • 516 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

Holly, we are more alike every time I read. First of all... there are a lot of similarities in our dresses too! You do have more of a train than I do, but I had the same comment about my bow (corset backed like yours) and my train. I say let it drag and be gorgeous and have someone help you shake it out and bustle for afterwards.

#7 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride
                Holly, we are more alike every time I read. First of all... there are a lot of similarities in our dresses too! You do have more of a train than I do, but I had the same comment about my bow (corset backed like yours) and my train. I say let it drag and be gorgeous and have someone help you shake it out and bustle for afterwards.
                We are long lost sisters :) I think we need to chat more :) Did you ever show me your dress? If not SHOW ME!

#8 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                • 516 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Scubadiva
                  We are long lost sisters :) I think we need to chat more :) Did you ever show me your dress? If not SHOW ME!
                  I have pics of the model but it is not the same... I have my final fitting on Friday, my friend with take pics.

Bev

#9 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                  • Banned
                  • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride
                    I have pics of the model but it is not the same... I have my final fitting on Friday, my friend with take pics.

Bev
                    Well I better see pics once you get them up and running on the net!

#10 Peachy~Girl

Peachy~Girl
                    • 173 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

I wondered this same question, but the dress I love has designs on the train so im gonna wear it down and maybe afterwards bustle it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users