Photo

Post all your carry-on questions here * Carry-on wedding dress/luggage

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#111 Anna22

Anna22
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

check with ur airline. FAA regulations change so much lately... it's best just to call!

#112 hdog76

hdog76
    • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I am flying august 18th to hawaii for my wedding.  I called continental NUMEORUS times and every time was told I CANNOT use the 1st class closets for my dress?  I notcied on the seat map there are 2 closets in economy as well....yet they keep telling me NO, that I would have to FOLD my dress and store it above, which is not going to happen.  SHould I just ignore them and try to get it on plane in a closet?

#113 stella331

stella331
      • 247 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Does anybody have any current reports on dress issues with United?  I called the airline and they said I can bring one carry and one personal item.  Does the dress count for the personal item if I want to bring a carry on suitcase?  Can I still bring my purse even though thats considered a 3rd item?  Help! So confused!

46 booked and counting!

#114 camelina65

camelina65
        • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

@stella331--your dress will likely count as your carry on, not your personal item, because of its size (which makes sense if you think about it...) so you'll probably only be able to bring your dress and your purse.  That's according to Delta, so United may be different...

#115 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by stella331 

Does anybody have any current reports on dress issues with United?  I called the airline and they said I can bring one carry and one personal item.  Does the dress count for the personal item if I want to bring a carry on suitcase?  Can I still bring my purse even though thats considered a 3rd item?  Help! So confused!

Stella331, did you ever  get a solid answer on this? I was wondering the same thing and planning on calling, but if you did, please let me know what you were told! Thanks!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#116 Jass7

Jass7
            • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

We are flying with AirTran in a few days, and I was told that most AirTran planes do not have a hanging closet. And that they won't confirm the actual plane until the day off the flight. So weird!

I talked to a girlfriend of mine who did destination wedding and she wrapped her dress sort of like a burrito, in special plastic bag and put it inside a duffle bag and carried it. Once at the destination, she took it out, put it in the bridal bag, and let it hang. She said she had no wrinkles. I am thinking about doing this, as it will be much easier to travel with. I was really nerveous at first when I heard this, but she showed me a video of how she did it, and it made me feel better. What also makes me feel better is the resort will steam it for me if need be.

#117 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
              • 209 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the info ladies! Great advice on how to get the dress there! Thanks for sharing!

#118 Jass7

Jass7
                • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jenna1511 

Thanks for the info ladies! Great advice on how to get the dress there! Thanks for sharing!

The dress survived in a duffle bag, with only few wrinkles which the resort took care of. I can't think of an easier way to travel with a dress!

#119 Speckles121

Speckles121
                  • 720 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jass7 

The dress survived in a duffle bag, with only few wrinkles which the resort took care of. I can't think of an easier way to travel with a dress!

Thanks so much for the advice!!

#120 stella331

stella331
                    • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Does anybody know if you can pack matchbooks? I wanted to order personalized ones but didn't want to spend the money and have them get taken away at customs
                      46 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users