Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

Uh oh. Unhappy with the resort (BRB)

Recommended Posts

Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this right now. I agree with most of what has been said already. The resort isn't able to really bend the rules on the children because it could possibly upset guests at the resort that see the children there and then it could cause a lot of problems for the resort, and then more people wanting an exception made and well it creates a mess and bad business really. I understand wanting them to be at your wedding and I would ask if there is anyway they can at least have dinner with you, or if it's not too late if they are staying at a villa could you possibly move the reception to the villa location? Otherwise I hope she understands and can leave the kids at home or you can find a good babysitter in the area to watch the children after the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this right now. I agree with most of what has been said already. The resort isn't able to really bend the rules on the children because it could possibly upset guests at the resort that see the children there and then it could cause a lot of problems for the resort, and then more people wanting an exception made and well it creates a mess and bad business really. I understand wanting them to be at your wedding and I would ask if there is anyway they can at least have dinner with you, or if it's not too late if they are staying at a villa could you possibly move the reception to the villa location? Otherwise I hope she understands and can leave the kids at home or you can find a good babysitter in the area to watch the children after the ceremony.
That's all I want - just for them to be able to have dinner too. Not for them to run around and "play" at the resort all day. There's just no way we can have the reception at their villa because of the cost. We just can't spend additional money for a private reception or a reception somewhere else. We are paying for this ourselves and just bought a house. His parents are hosting our pre-wedding reception in Canada (he's Canadian) but we've got to pick up the cost for the reception in the states as well. We just wanted to keep it simple and have dinner at one of the restaurants. I estimate between 30-35 of us.

And her kids aren't dumb - I'm not sure what THEY would think about being left with a stranger on vacation. She lives in the same small town with all my moms side of the family so the kids always stay with family or a babysitter they've been staying with since they were babies. I'm not trying to make excuses - just explain problems I see with hiring a babysitter in Jamaica and running off to leave the kids "alone" on vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am soooo sorry to hear about your aunts ordeal, and then this on top of it all?!? Definitely sounds like all of them deserve to get away from reality for a little bit. I am also a BRB bride and have a few relatives who have younger children. One of which is in the wedding and made a big deal about not having children there. In the end it is your day and I am sure you will work it all out. I too would be a bit nervous having a stranger watch my young children in a strange county. With that said, since the ceremony is only 10-15 mins long, how long between your ceremony and dinner? Would there be enough time to fit that in for them, just to let them stay for part of the reception? Not sure if the rule states they can only attend the ceremony or if it is for an hour and everything that can fit into that hour. Just another option.

 

I would ask Keisha if there is some other way, i know spending extra money just for 3 is hard to handle...but is an option. Good luck, we are all here for ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh sweetie... we are just having luck with Keisha and news these last few weeks huh? I have finally worked all the details. With all her weddings, she is much more responsive when she gets closer. I am so sorry for the issues. I have worked out a deal for a private reception that is manageable in cost. PM me if you are interested. By thw way, what time of day is the ceremony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride View Post
Oh sweetie... we are just having luck with Keisha and news these last few weeks huh? I have finally worked all the details. With all her weddings, she is much more responsive when she gets closer. I am so sorry for the issues. I have worked out a deal for a private reception that is manageable in cost. PM me if you are interested. By thw way, what time of day is the ceremony?
Thanks. Unfortunately my cousin decided just not to come :-( Then there was a huge back-and-forth about WHERE our resort guests could or could not eat dinner together the night of the wedding. Arg! Prior to booking I was under the impression we could all eat together in one of the specialty restaurants now i'm being told we can't and that we have to pay for a private reception if we all want to eat at the same time. Keisha didn't even mention that we could "reserve" an area of the buffet but Maureen finally found that out for me. I was stressing out for a couple days! Anyway, we're getting married at 3pm. I really wanted 4 so it was closer to sunset but it was taken...dang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry about the sunset. The photographers will still be taking pictures at that time... and even if they're not planning on it, you can ask and they'll do it. We got married at 4pm and we were almost rushed to get the sunset photos done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2K View Post
Don't worry about the sunset. The photographers will still be taking pictures at that time... and even if they're not planning on it, you can ask and they'll do it. We got married at 4pm and we were almost rushed to get the sunset photos done.
Awesome!! That's really good to know. My fiance doesn't really want to spend a ton of money on photos but we've got a friend who majored in photography in college so she's going to take some. Then I talked to his mom and I think she'll convince him to at least have the resort photographer do some. Between the two we should have plenty of pictures and decent ones. I've been pretty obsessed with super awesome photography but I don't really want to spend thousands of dollars on it. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be down there in two weeks (AGH!!!) so I will let you know how our big day goes and will do a review when I get back. If there is something in particular you want me to check out for you, let me know:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasong View Post
I will be down there in two weeks (AGH!!!) so I will let you know how our big day goes and will do a review when I get back. If there is something in particular you want me to check out for you, let me know:)
Yay!! Congrats! I mostly just want to know how smoothly things go. Are you writing your own ceremony? Is that something that needs to be cleared ahead of time? Are you having a private reception or dining elsewhere? I'm mostly just worried about surprises - about showing up and having them say "oh no, we can't do that" or something. I'm trying REALLY hard to be easy going about this. I just don't want to overlook some big detail. Can't wait to read your review!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×