Photo

Stressed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 marih623

marih623
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

OMG I can't believe what happened to me today! I am so stressed....I went to Puerto Plata DR 2 weeks ago and booked my wedding for next year at the Sun Village Resort and Bungalows. Today I find out the resort is CLOSED...they filed for bankruptcy. I am going crazy...I had ordered my invitation on Sat Thank God I was able to pull the order.... I am really going crazy....So now I am going to look for another place and I am thinking Punta Cana..Please help ladies any recommendations!! I am dying here!!
    Sunrise in Santorini where I got engaged

#2 Krista_H

Krista_H
    • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm really sorry to hear that. Thank goodness you were able to pull your invites and still have plenty of time to find somewhere new. Best of luck!!

#3 marih623

marih623
      • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Krista

#4 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

So sorry to hear about your resort!! What a bummer and a serious sign of the times...

There are a few resorts in Punta Cana that are known for doing GREAT weddings! One would be mine, Dreams Punta Cana! Great wedding packages, and if you find the right TA you can get a great price!
          Another would be Majestic Colonial (or Elegance), and they as well have LOTS to offer. There are a lot of ladies on here that are getting married at Paradisus as well... I would check out the threads here (you are in the right place!), see what resorts seem to be popular and get rave reviews from past weddings and make your choice! Those are my top three suggestions though!
          OH I personally like Bahia Principe as a resort, their staff is great! Not sure about weddings though, you would have to check that out! :)
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#5 isy_beau

isy_beau
          • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

marih623 I'm so sorry, I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium punta cana, you can check out that resort. at least your not getting married next month, I'm sure you'll find something soon. Keep us posted :)

#6 shellk

shellk
            • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

im really sorry you have had to experience that but im sure you will find somewhere just as great.good luck

#7 shankd

shankd
              • 272 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

We are going to be married at the Grand Palladium Bavaro resort and spa....check it out and good luck!!!

#8 marih623

marih623
                • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Thank you all so very much ladies. I really appreciate it...so far I think i am going to look at the Paradisus, Dreams and the Majestic. I have called them so they can send me their wedding packages. thank you all again! I will keep you posted

#9 Jenn K-W

Jenn K-W
                  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

Wow, I can't imagine how stressed you must be!
                    That is really terrible news.

I always say that everything happens for a reason, even though you may not know why right now. The Sun Village Resort just wan't meant to be. I must sound cheesy right now! LOL

I really hope you find another resort that you love. The resorts that the others have suggested are all great looking places. Good luck!
                    Jenn
                    Bride and Groom plus 15 guests booked so far!!!!

#10 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
                    • 18 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

Paradisus Punta Cana :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users