Photo

Reception dress or wear the wedding dress?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 TeNeil

TeNeil
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

Glad you brought up this question.......
    I plan to wear my dress the entire night, but am unsure if I should have a different dress for our AHR. Any thoughts?

#22 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
    • 661 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

TeNeil,

I would wear it at the AHR - I think any woman would love to have another chance to wear their dress again! Most of the ladies that have posted on "post your dress" have stated they will be wearing thiers at their AHR. Im not having an AHR due to the fact everyone is coming from everywhere -and if I did have one - maybe I will change my mind - I dont plan on wearing mine as Im sure ours will be just a huge party. Way more casual I think.

You should wear it! I would!

#23 Taylorbride

Taylorbride
      • 174 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

First off your dress is beautiful. If it was me I would wear the dress to dinner. But that's me and you need to do what you want. But in my opinion you spend that kind of money and you only get one wedding so take advantage of it.

#24 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for your input Taylorbride....and all the other ladies on this thread...I will def be wearing my dress all night now...well except for when I take a dip in the ocean later that night, but it will be back on in a flash!! lol

#25 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
          • 174 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'm going to wear mine the whole time....you spend the money on "the dress" might as well get a whole day of it!

#26 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
            • 997 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

That's what air conditionning is for! My opinion WEAR YOUR DRESS! I agree we only get the one day to do it so might as well embrace it! I can't wait to wear my dress! :)

#27 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

i wore my dress from start to finish. you only get one day to wear it and i wanted to wear it as long as possible!

#28 debbmach

debbmach
                • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

i agree with everyone else...wear it all night and at the ahr! when else will you wear and it's probably one of the most expensive dresses you'll ever buy...enjoy it!!!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#29 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
                  • 186 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

As long as your dress is comfortable, I say wear it for the whole reception. I imagine I would want to wear mine as much as possible since you only get to wear it once (unless you wear it for an AHR, which seems a little awkward to me).

Edited to add: I am not judging anyone for wearing their dress to their AHR, but if I had an AHR, it would be fairly casual and I would feel weird. I guess I could show up in the dress and then change fairly quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users