Sign in to follow this  
Jennybell1

Reception dress or wear the wedding dress?

Hello Ladies,

I was planning on wearing my wedding dress to the dinner after pictures were taken, but have seen a lot of ladies on here posting about their reception dress.

I am not having a large wedding - 20-25 people and bc we dont have a large guest roster, we are going to have the dinner in one of the restaurants instead of a ballroom or beach dinner.

So do I need a reception dress or can I wear my wedding dress there too?

I'll attach a picture of the dress to see if that helps at all. The dress is very simple but elegant I think. Not a great picture of me, but it will give you an idea of what Im talking about.

Thanks for your help yet again.....smile03.gif

photo.jpg[/img]

I would wear your wedding dress. I may be getting another dress but only because FI and I are choreographing a dance and I'm really thinking my fitted dress won't do too well with that. But then I would probably change right back into my wedding dress unless I absolutely love the dance dress as much as my wedding dress.

I wore my dress the whole time...you can def wear your dress for the reception too...it's really up to you...i wanted to wear my dress as much as possible after all you only get 1 wedding day!

I plan on wearing my dress the whole time. When will we ever get the chance to put it on again except for maybe an AHR. I'll probably look into getting a different one for TTD photos because I think mine would be way too heavy one it gets wet and I can't imagine getting into the ocean or on the rocks with all the English net and lace in the skirt and train. I think it would rip too easily.

I agree with everyone else... wear the dress! It's beautiful! If you really want to change into something else, maybe do so after dinner, if you plan to go dancing. You only get to wear it once...wear it as long as you can!!!

I say wear your dress all night (it looks great on you by the way)! You dress looks comfy and pretty easy to move around in. I wore my dress the whole time and didn't have any problems dancing in it.