Photo

Reception dress or wear the wedding dress?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 ~Debra~

~Debra~
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

I agree with everyone else. I'd definitely wear the dress all night. My dress was heavy but it was beautiful and there was no way I was taking it off that night.

#12 islandbride317

islandbride317
    • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

I think you should definitely wear your dress to the reception (you look beautiful, by the way -- LOVE the brooch detail and the way it cinches everything together)!!!

I don't think it's necessary to have a separate dress for your reception....I only have a reception dress because I jumped the gun and got a dress a month after I'd gotten engaged, and then I had a change of heart and got a more formal dress, so the simpler of the two I'll be wearing at my AHR so it doesn't go to waste (since we weren't able to return it)!

#13 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

I am wearing the one dress too... It was hard enough to find what i wanted so i am not stressing about a second one..PS You look great in that dress

#14 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for your input ladies. I feel much better now not having to think about getting another dress. It took long enough to narrow it down to that dress, let alone pick another one. Thank you for all your kind words too! I dont know what I would do without this forum!! lol

#15 kris

kris
          • 506 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

I too am going to wear my wedding dress all night!!!! It's sooooooo beautiful and the cremeony is like 30 minutes...why in the world would I buy a dress for only the ceremony? Im even contemplating sleeping in it haha

#16 *kellis*

*kellis*
            • 330 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kris
              I too am going to wear my wedding dress all night!!!! It's sooooooo beautiful and the cremeony is like 30 minutes...why in the world would I buy a dress for only the ceremony? Im even contemplating sleeping in it haha
              Not so sure FI would go for that
              http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
              (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#17 sap

sap
              • 217 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Such a pretty dress and you'll look gorgeous, so why change out of it?! :)
                I actually got my dream dress today, after buying one that I thought was more suitable for a DW...I'm going to use that one for my TTD. Gotta wear the dream dress all night!!

#18 strisihug

strisihug
                • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

I think this is enough .....
                  I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way

#19 mswhatever

mswhatever
                  • 475 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

For me, I am only wearing it once. I am wearing it all night and then jumping in the ocean in it.

#20 blumenthale

blumenthale
                    • 242 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

You look great. If it's comfortable then wear it to the dinner, you are only gonna wear it once so go for it. I think it's just perfect. If you think you might pass out from being hot or something get a lighter cocktail dress for the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users