Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:45 PM
I thought it would be supportive to help each other by Sharing low calories, tasty recipes. Afterall, the only reason we eat bad is because we want something that tastes good.
This recipe of mine is really good and low calorie and low in fat!
CHICKEN IN WINE SAUCE
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 box fresh Chopped Mushrooms
10 Cloves fresh minced garlic
6 scallions, chopped
2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp Corn Starch
2/3 c Fat Free Chicken Broth
2/3 c Sherry Cooking Wine
1 box Long Grain & Wild Rice (Near East is the brand I like)
- Tenderize Chicken and lightly sprinkle both sides with salt & pepper, set aside
- Begin rice
- Spray large skillet with Pam & mince garlic right into the pan
- Saut© Scallions, garlic, mushrooms, basil and salt for 3 minutes or until soft
- Add chicken broth, sherry wine and chicken breasts
- Cover & bring to a boil. Once it start boiling, lower heat and simmer covered for 20 – 25 minutes (cut into chicken to check after 20 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking, combine cornstarch and a little more chicken broth in a small bowl. Wisk together until there are no lumps.
- When chicken is done, pull it out and set on a plate.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the mushroom sauce, bring to a boil and simmer until thick (3 to 5 minutes).
- Scoop mushroom sauce over chicken and serve with 1/3 cup of rice.
Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:32 PM
My favorite snack is Romaine roll-ups. Very easy, lo-cal, lo-fat and good!
Take a washed Romaine leaf and spread very thin with fat free cream cheese. Sprinkle a few sunflower seeds on it and roll it up. If you want to add some protein, put some deli-sliced turkey breast in too. This satisfies my crunchy, salty cravings!
Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:41 PM
I have been considering making low fat cheese burgers (4% lean fat ground beef) and instead of a bun, using, a big fat slice of red bell pepper on each side. Can you tell I love bell peppers?
Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:23 PM
Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:49 AM
so if i know it is going to be a killer week, i will prepare a chinese chicken salad and pack the components seperately (i will put all veggies in a ziplock, fried noodles in another ziplock, etc.)
when i cant make my own dressing i cheat and either take zesty italian dressing, add soysauce, some sesame oil, or get annie's shitake dressing...it is really good.
- iceberg lettuce and chopped it in strips.
- chicken either breast or if in a rush will get a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat and put in its own container
- veggies (snow peas, red bell peppers, carrots, baybe some purple cabbage)
- yummies (slivered almonds, i fry mung bean noodles and they puff up and are yummy in the salad)
this meal is really easy and really satisfying and i get my veggies and protein...
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:24 PM
2.Rub on pork tenderloin piece. These usually come in 1.25-1.75 lbs packages with two pieces in each.
3. Finely chop a shallot.
4. Measure out 1 cup of marmalade or peach preserves (depending on taste).
5. CUt a lime in half.
Put marmalade, shallot lime juice and another shot of chili powder in a sauce pan. Cook for about 5 minutes. Make sure to stir.
Reserve half of the sauce.
Put pork on grill and baste with sauce. You should turn and baste every 5 minutes. The pork will be done in 20-25 minutes depending on preference.
Carve and use the sauce to serve.
Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:25 AM
Cream of Broccoli Soup
WW POINTS value | 2
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 14 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
1 medium onion(s), chopped
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
2 pound broccoli, tough ends removed, stems and florets chopped
4 cup fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1. Put onion and garlic in a 2-quart saucepan with 1/4 cup water and simmer until onion is soft, about 10 minutes; spoon vegetables into a large pot.
2. Add broccoli and broth to onion mixture and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer until broccoli is soft but still green, about 8 minutes. Do not cover pot while broccoli is cooking or it will turn gray.
3. Remove soup from heat; puree until smooth in batches in a blender or puree in pot using an immersion blender. (Note: Be careful not to overfill blender to prevent the hot liquid from splattering.) Add evaporated milk and hot pepper sauce to soup; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.
Fresh chives perk up the flavor of cream soups. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of minced chives over each serving. Or, if available, garnish each bowl with 1 chive blossom.
Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:12 PM
Same recipe, but instead of the evaporated milk & hot sauce, add 8oz of Velveta "Light" cheese and a can of "Rotel" (brand) diced tomatoes (they are spicy).
You just cook the broccoli in the chicken broth and tomatoes until most of the liquid is absorbed (like 20 - 30 minutes). Then mash it with a potato masher (puree it if you want it really creamy. I like little chunks of broccoli). Cut the velveta cheese into cubes, add it to the pot and keep cooking it until melted. It is only 2 points per cup and really filling!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users