Photo

Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 kerrij

kerrij
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

We got married at GBP and a work friend got married at Beaches or Breezes and both of us got a certified copy of our marriage certificate before we left the resort! both of us have used our marriage certificates for changing our names and never once had an issue. so talk to your WC about getting your copy right from her.

#62 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
    • 344 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

WOW Kerri! I have yety to receive mine. It has not been that long but I would like to get his process going.

#63 donutdjn

donutdjn
      • 419 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

oh crikey i will have to revisit this link in august i think!

#64 twinklelittlestar

twinklelittlestar
        • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

that is a really helpful link. everything in jamaica seems to be so slow - email responses, mail. you name it!

#65 kris

kris
          • 506 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

still nothing Emailed Chandlynn and she said they hadn't received it yet.

#66 Rani

Rani
            • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

That is funny. Beverly assured us at least one million times that we would have our certificate within 5 days as we paid for the expedited service. That was the whole point of staying there for 2 weeks and actually choosing it over ROR and Iberostar. Here we are, almost 8 weeks later and there is not a sign of anything remotely looking like a reply from her or a package from DHL. However, she sent us our wedding pictures (Those 10 free pics included in the package, it is another story how we got the other 500) almost immediately knowing that it is something that can wait (unlike our certificate which we need ASAP for quite serious reason).
              I mean she was perfect to deal with directly, she is lovely, but when it is comes to some serious business it seems like no one bothers. Jamaica, mon?
              It is upsetting to have a wonderful wedding but to deal with their bull before it and after it.
              sorry for complaining guys.
              I need a holiday....a therapist and a life!!!!

#67 FutureMrsUnderwood

FutureMrsUnderwood
              • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

Ok, I am confused. Do I need to do anything before leaving the states? Or can we do everything in Jamaica and then get the info sent to me after the wedding? Please help! I don't know a lot about the legal aspects of all of this! Thanks ladies.

#68 Notlongnow

Notlongnow
                • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

Thank you for this post, it has been one thing i have been thinking about.

#69 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                  • 475 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

I don't want to freak anyone out, becuase I think we are definitely the exception not the norm.  But, it took us a year to get the official certificate.  It took dozens of emails to RMB and Riu in general to finally get it sent to us.  We weren't too worried as I wasn't planning on changing my name, and his company let him put me on his insurance without any documentation.   And, thankfully, we had no other need for the official certificate. 

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#70 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                    • 547 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

Just to update: We finally got our Marriage Certificate!! It took 7 months and 6 days. After the 6 month mark I was starting to worry and contacted my WC. She said she would look into it at the beginning of December and I never heard back from her. I am so relieved we finally have the official document and I can begin the name change ritual!!

*~*JENN*~*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users