Photo

Americans in Cuba? At all?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 LIW

LIW
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

Just a tip...and this is information that I recieved from the Cuban consulate...if you are flying using a passport from a country that DOES NOT have an embassy in Cuba (ie. the United States), your passport must be valid for 2 months beyond your departure date from Cuba.
    http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#22 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
    • 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

I work for federal law enforcement and Cuba is still listed as a hostile country so even if you were to travel there we very cautious and I wouldnt do much venturing away from the resort.

#23 ashey063009

ashey063009
      • 604 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MsAmErika
        I work for federal law enforcement and Cuba is still listed as a hostile country so even if you were to travel there we very cautious and I wouldnt do much venturing away from the resort.
        HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
        Wow.

For anyone and EVERYONE that has every considered going to Cuba:

It is beautiful. The people are amazing. Don't trust every piece of propaganda... Just read the reviews, and don't act like an asshole-- a safe principal when travelling to ANY foreign territory. It's EXACTLY the same idea as travelling to Mexico. Seriously

#24 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
        • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

I'm a Scot who is seriously considering a destination wedding in Cuba however my partners parents would like to holiday in the US and then fly over for a few days for the wedding, would this be possbile at all? Also we would like a twin centre holiday perhaps Cuba and then onto Vegas for Honeymoon, would this be possible?

#25 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lisa1981
            I'm a Scot who is seriously considering a destination wedding in Cuba however my partners parents would like to holiday in the US and then fly over for a few days for the wedding, would this be possbile at all? Also we would like a twin centre holiday perhaps Cuba and then onto Vegas for Honeymoon, would this be possible?

Possible yes, but you will have to fly from Cuba to another country then to the USA. There are no direct flights as Americans are not allowed to freely travel to Cuba yet.
            Cory & Jennifer
            March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#26 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MsAmErika
              lol... It's one of the safest countries I've visited and I've been to some dark-dark places.

#27 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                Exactly...I think the fine is $30K if found out that we (US citizens) visit Cuba illegally.

I have known people that have gone with no problem, but it is a total gamble and considered illegal. Unless you get a visa for education or work.
                So much for democracy you have there :)

#28 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

Cuba is so safe! I feel WAY safer there than in Jamaica, Mexico or the DR. You can go off resort no problem...even at night. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Another thing I like is that no one bugs you to buy things on the beach, unlike other places I have been. The safe & welcoming feeling is why we love it so much and chose it for our wedding.

When I was there there a few years ago there actually were a couple Americans who flew through Canada. They just asked not to get their passport stamped so the US government wouldn't know they were there.

#29 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
                    lol... It's one of the safest countries I've visited and I've been to some dark-dark places.

I 2nd you on this one. I just got back from a very remote part of Cuba, and I have never felt so safe and welcome anywhere I have travelled. Cuba is one of my favourite islands to travel to.
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#30 MrsAiello2b

MrsAiello2b
                    • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

Cuba is one of the safest countries you can visit. Think about it, how many tourists have you heard about being murdered in Cuba?? ZERO! How many have you heard about in Mexico?? Several (Just 1 is too many...anyone remember the couple from Woodbridge, Ontario that were murdered in their room in their 5 star resort in Mexico)

When we were looking for a destination, Cuba was our #1 choice. We knew our guests would be safe there, and have an amazing vacation. I have an aunt and uncle flying to Cuba from NY. They're meeting us in Toronto, and then we're all flying together. I don't anticipate any problems!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users