Photo

I Need Wording Help...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Natural

Natural
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

Unfortunately, my dreams of a destination wedding with my family and friends just isn't feasible. I've already sent out invitations but now I need to let guests know that we aren't having a big wedding anymore and just going for "the two of us" approach...

All suggestions are appreciated.
    Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

Oh no! I'm so sorry about this. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this decision...but it must be hard for you to be going through.
      Ugh...this is going to be a tough one. I'm not really sure what you should say - it's going to be hard to "uninvite" people.
      I guess you could send out a notice that your wedding plans have changed to a date/place to be determined. Blame it on the economy, resort, or travel agent. You could then announce that you decided to elope when you got back. Or something like that maybe??

#3 Natural

Natural
      • 218 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BachataBride
        Oh no! I'm so sorry about this. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this decision...but it must be hard for you to be going through.
        Ugh...this is going to be a tough one. I'm not really sure what you should say - it's going to be hard to "uninvite" people.
        I guess you could send out a notice that your wedding plans have changed to a date/place to be determined. Blame it on the economy, resort, or travel agent. You could then announce that you decided to elope when you got back. Or something like that maybe??
        Well yeah that's what I plan on doing but everytime I come up with something it just doesn't sound right. It breaks my heart to have to do this though.
        Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hmmm...ok...maybe this...

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, it is with great sadness/regret/a heavy heart that we have to cancel our original wedding plans at "x" resort, on "y" date. We are currently looking at other options & will notify you when we have a new plan. Sorry for any inconvenience we have caused."

How does that sound??

#5 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

I know you must be heartbroken to have to change your plans!!!

I'm wondering if you play this differently, you can make it easier on yourselves... let everyone think that the reason you're changing your plans is because it suits you better.

I got to scribbling down some notes - I didn't get it quite put together, but maybe you can use it and fill in some blanks:

We thought a big wedding
          Was the fun thing to do
          But then we decided
          We like it, just us two

So we're off on our own
          We're sneaking away
          Can't wait to tell you all about
          Our secret wedding day

Good luck!!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
          • 653 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by becks
            I know you must be heartbroken to have to change your plans!!!

I'm wondering if you play this differently, you can make it easier on yourselves... let everyone think that the reason you're changing your plans is because it suits you better.

I got to scribbling down some notes - I didn't get it quite put together, but maybe you can use it and fill in some blanks:

We thought a big wedding
            Was the fun thing to do
            But then we decided
            We like it, just us two

So we're off on our own
            We're sneaking away
            Can't wait to tell you all about
            Our secret wedding day

Good luck!!!
            Oh, how creative!!! LOVE it! Puts a cute spin on a not so cute message!

Sorry you're having to write this, Natural!

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

That's what I meant to say! lol

Great job Becks (as usual!!)

#8 Tonir

Tonir
              • 283 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Sorry to hear that! I think you should def let guests know that you are eloping, and not leave it "too be determined" because then they'll think they are still invited.

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

Awe i'm so sorry you're having to do this. You will want to let your guests know what you are doing though because like Tonir said they will be waiting for the invite that let's them know the new plans of where they will be going. Are you able to hold a reception at home for your family and close friends - just like an afternoon picnic in a park or something? Then you can let them know in a very creative way that becks put it that you are going to elope, and would like to celebrate with them on the return
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 SSNM

SSNM
                  • 675 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

I would go with the "due to circumstances beyond our control" speech and just leave it at that. You are not uninviting them you are cancelling the party. No one will judge you for eloping and you dont' have to justify it. While the above poem is cute, it could ring inconsiderate to the person who has either been looking forward to your wedding or had already made arrangements to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users