#11 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
    The bright side is that the wedding ends up being a much more intimate affair, so you get to spend time with everyone! Plus, it's much, much easier to plan a
    This is SO true!!!!

#12 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
    • 114 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ugg...I just found out that my MOH and (her hubby's) flight has been cancelled. Now she's rushing around trying to find a different flight, but can't find anything for around the price she initially paid and doesn't want to pay anymore (understandably so). I hope she can still come :-( Huh this sucks!

#13 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Oooh, Nicole that totally sucks!

I think we're all in the same boat... I'm pretty surprised at who has rsvp'd and who hasn't yet or maybe never will.

But on the bright side, you get to spend more time with those who came, you won't be as stressed out and your reception dinner will be cheaper!

#14 SusieQ

SusieQ
        • 1,603 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

Oh ladies I hear you!
          We started at 50 and we're lucky if by the time Feb rolls around if we'll account have 15 people coming. Same people losing jobs and health reasons, other stuff too.
          It is a second marraige for both of us so we planned to go away and get married even if it was just our children (my son and his daughter) that came with us. My thing is I am marrying the most wonderful man and thats all that counts..
          don't be let down......

#15 rhomarie

rhomarie
          • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

An AHR might be an option... I never thought of that! Thanks Ladies for emphatizing!

#16 meghan

meghan
            • 832 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

For those of you who are talking about having guests drop out, had your guests actually put their deposit down and then dropped out? Or had they just said they were going to come, and then change their mind.

#17 jenniebey

jenniebey
              • 842 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

I totally hear you! We've had several people who originally said 'we wouldn't miss it for the world' drop out.

But we're still excited b/c right now we have about 45 people coming and maybe a few more as well. I'm still happy with my decision to have a DW but it definitely makes me sad when people back out. I'm just trying not to dwell and thinking about the people who are coming!

#18 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
                • 114 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

I had 3 friends that had put their deposits down, drop out and 2 that had fully paid and booked (but their flight was just cancelled), although the two may still be coming. And then for the 3 that had put their deposits down we found 2 friends to replace them. Ahhh what a headache...lol!

Not a big deal, I am still soooo excited!!

#19 josee

josee
                  • 217 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I certainly can relate. I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters and believe it or not only one sister is coming to my wedding. My father is not even coming! I felt like S$%& for weeks because of it and then just decided to make the best of it. Remember that you will have a wonderful day regardless of who is going and I am sure that you will feel better. I am sending big hugs your way.

#20 misstrae76

misstrae76
                    • 217 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Ahhhh ....this makes me feel so much better!! Of course everyone in the beginning is soooo excited to come and are 'so for sure there!'. We had anticipated about 30 ppl to come join us but now the numbers sure are dwindling.

We just recently found out that our best man (whos wife was to be my personal hairstylist for the wedding party) are expecting something they were soooo not expecting LOL!, and the goomsman, who may not be able to go due to military obligations! And that was it for my fiances side of the wedding party! Im almost thinking that it may really just be us on that beach gazebo in ROR!

But we have decided, all that matters that we are both there to share our day!

I am soo glad that I can vent on here and hear simlilar stories!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users