Photo

Do you fly out your officiant with a guest?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ask9999

ask9999
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

I am flying my Rabbi down to Mexico to marry me and my FI. I am paying for all of his expenses (flight, hotel, etc). Do I invite him with a guest? I am not sure what the proper etiquette is.

THanks!

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

I would say if he wanted to bring a guest you could give him that option but I wouldn't be paying for that person. That's just me though :)
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
      • 354 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
        I would say if he wanted to bring a guest you could give him that option but I wouldn't be paying for that person. That's just me though :)

I totally agree. He should be allowed to bring a friend or something b/c he may not know very many people in your group and might want to have someone to hang out with when he not officiating your ceremony. I also agree that you don't have to pay for the guest.
        - Grace
        Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
        Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
        Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
        Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

yeah I agree. We were going to fly a Priest down but only pay for them. If they want to bring someone, I'd let them - just at their own expense.

#5 karenk77

karenk77
          • 369 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

y dont you have your rabbi marry you here, and just have a symbolic ceremony, noone will know the difference because you can even find a rabbi there to marry you and your guests will think that this is the actual wedding, but it saves you having to fly anyone out and deal with any other mexican legal restrictions

#6 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
            • 600 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

If you want to fly a vendor down, it's on them to pay for a guest to come with them.

#7 *tanga*

*tanga*
              • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I agree if he wants a guest he should be allowed but have to pay for them himself.

#8 ask9999

ask9999
                • 82 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thank you all so much for all of your responses--- I really appreciate them. I think I am goign to still fly him down, but not pay for a guest. He knows about ten of the guests, so it shouldn't be an issue in that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users