Photo

Stretch Marks?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jh17

jh17
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

Anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of or diminishing the appearance of stretch marks? I have tried BioOil but it didn't work. I had gained quite a bit of weight a few years ago and ended up with marks on my hips and thighs plus I have them on my boobs (since I was young). I have lost the weight but haven't been able to get rid of the marks...... Any suggestions are appreciated!

#2 jstinemari

jstinemari
    • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

i dont think it's possible to get rid of stretch marks completely unless maybe with surgery. you can try to fade them a little with Emu oil.. you can buy it at health food stores. you can also rub vitamin E on them.
      Self tanner also works wonders

#3 jennierin

jennierin
      • 847 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hmmm...I think I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of my post baby stretchmarks on my abd. So far, nothing has worked for me. They do fade with time (it's been 10 years since my daughter was born) but they've never gone away completely...I used Vit E cream when I was pregnant and it didn't prevent them. I usually use a self tanner or "fake and bake" and they do seem to diminish somewhat. If you find anything else that works...please do let us know!!!
        http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
        First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#4 Ms325i

Ms325i
        • 204 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

Try silicone scar sheets or silicone gel such as Dermatix. Both products are expensive but you will definitely see improvement. You can sometimes find them on ebay. The brand to look for is Dermatix or any that are made by pharmaceutical companies. The regular strips you find on the counter at drugstores are not as effective. Good Luck.

#5 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
          • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

One of my girlfriends that was on my swim team had a lot of stretch marks on her thighs, she was very self conscious about it since we were in swim suits all day, every day . She used palmer's coco butter and it really helped to fade them quickly. Its crazy because she had spent hundreds of dollars on expensive lotions for years, and the palmer's coco butter is like $5 at a drug store and it worked the best! It smells really nice too!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#6 MayaLove

MayaLove
            • 369 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

I was going to mention Palmer's as well. They have a lotion that is specifically for stretch marks too but I think the regular would work good as well.
              Jenna & Chris
              Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
              My BDW Blog

#7 jh17

jh17
              • 78 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

thank you so much for the suggestions!!

#8 michelle6114

michelle6114
                • 209 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Depends how badly you want to get rid of them, and your buget.
                  The newest treatment is Fraxel Laser resurfacing. I got it for my face (4 sessions, $3,000). They were trying to convince me to do all my stretch marks too, but I would have to take out a second mortgage.
                  A stretch mark is actually a tear in your bottom layers of skin, so I don't know how well creams will work. I looked at some before/after pics of laser treatment and there is a pretty good difference.
                  Again, depends on how much $$ you are willing to spend.

#9 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hey ladies!

I have been wondering about this as well, since I gained weight quickly and now that I'm starting to lose the marks are very visible! I will give the Palmers coco butter a shot :)
                    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#10 Krista_H

Krista_H
                    • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have them from growing so quickly when I was younger. I've tried vitamin e oil, but not palmers. I'm going to give that a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users