Photo

Smaller Jamaican Resorts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MandyMatty2010

MandyMatty2010
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Has anyone had an experience at Coyaba or Round Hill They are smaller, more private resorts. I'm looking at both of them and was hoping for a review.

#2 MoBayBride

MoBayBride
    • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

We were married at the Coyaba on June 6th and it was amazing. We had 55 guests and it felt like the resort belonged to us. The resort as a whole was pefect for us and they have a wonderful team. If you have any questions please let me know.

Our awesome photographers, Sungold, just posted our slideshow on their blog, check it out!

SunGold Photography Blog | Captivating Your Mind with Timeless Images

#3 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
      • 660 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

I loved the slideshow, your wedding shoes were hot!!

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

You can also check out Tensing Pen and Rockhouse. Those are both smaller resorts and I know there are reviews on here.

#5 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
          • 521 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ErinB
            You can also check out Tensing Pen and Rockhouse. Those are both smaller resorts and I know there are reviews on here.
            I am so in love with Rockhouse !!!! I've never been there, but have seen so many beautiful pics that Rockhouse is always on my mind! I'm not really interested in any place "touristy" and would prefer an exotic, romantic location. I go there on September 18th and don't mind taking plenty of pics for you...there's not really alot of info on the place on this forum...also, I've been collecting links to weddings that I've found at Rockhouse, so will list a few here so you can get the idea...

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY CUBA VARADERO HAVANA TRINIDAD MEXICO RIVIERA MAYA CANCUN PDC PLAYA DEL CARMEN TULUM CARIBBEAN ISANDS BAHAMAS JAMAICA ST MAARTEN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC BY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER PETER VAN DE MAELE

Latoya & Joseph

wedding1 369 pictures from weddings photos on webshots

#6 KandJ

KandJ
            • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I was married at Rockhouse. It's such a great and funky property. The small, intimate nature was what drew us to the property. Our guests stay at nearby resorts once we filled up the rooms (Tensing Pen, and then a few stayed at some of the all-inclusive properties a bit farther away). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering Negril and a smaller hotel for their wedding!

#7 tam27

tam27
              • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

MoBayBride I love your pics congrats!
                I am getting married as Negril Escape, I wanted Rockhouse but it wasnt available for my dates. check out Negril Escape I think it looks great

#8 tam27

tam27
                • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

MoBayBride I love your pics congrats!
                  I am getting married as Negril Escape, I wanted Rockhouse but it wasnt available for my dates. check out Negril Escape I think it looks great

#9 blumenthale

blumenthale
                  • 242 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

I have been to Rockhouse (great food) and it's beautiful and dramatic. Catcha Fallin Star is also beautiful and near by, it's not as built up, it's more rustic, and food is really good, best jerk Shrimp ever. I stayed at Country Country on the beach side of Negril and it was really nice too, but very small. Country Country is a sister resort to Coyuba. We met a Bride who had their wedding at Coyuba and loved it, then honeymooned at Country Country. We looked into smaller resorts but it was too expensive for the guests for just a weekend (we have alot of weekend guests) and Negril is a hour and a half from the Mo'bay airport. The bigger resorts just have better deals. Good luck.

#10 jross52029

jross52029
                    • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MoBayBride
                      We were married at the Coyaba on June 6th and it was amazing. We had 55 guests and it felt like the resort belonged to us. The resort as a whole was pefect for us and they have a wonderful team. If you have any questions please let me know.

Our awesome photographers, Sungold, just posted our slideshow on their blog, check it out!

SunGold Photography Blog | Captivating Your Mind with Timeless Images

Amazing slideshow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users