Photo

Cake Topper

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 juliez79

juliez79
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm wondering if any of the brides have taken a cake topper for the cake. I know many brides don't want to do a cake at the destination wedding (at least i've seen that in the forum a lot). I do want a cake (tradition) and I'm wondering if you've taken a topper with you or you left it to the resort to decorate the cake.

If you have pictures, that would be great!
    Thanks!

#2 Love3

Love3
    • 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

There are tons of info on this with pics!!! I see ladies using flowers from down there, bringing initials, etc
      ~Heather~

#3 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
      • 929 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

We took our cake topper. It was our mongram that we had "dedazzled", LOL. We purchased the letters for our monogram, then I glued on some small clear rhinestones to give it some "bling." We gave it to our WC & she made sure it made it to the top of the cake with some flowers around the base. It turned out exactly as we had imagined. I say bring it if you would like, it can't take up that much room in your luggage, or you could just pick some really pretty flowers from your florist for your topper - your choice!! Good luck & congrats!!

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

I have not decided yet, but we will either have a monogram of our initials, or use flowers.

#5 Love3

Love3
          • 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

where would one get letter initals? I don't want to have to order them! I don't mind blinging them up as there are rhinestones that are sticky and that should be easy I just need the letters
            ~Heather~

#6 amdecker

amdecker
            • 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Love3
              where would one get letter initals? I don't want to have to order them! I don't mind blinging them up as there are rhinestones that are sticky and that should be easy I just need the letters
              I know you said you didn't want to order the cake topper initials, but they have them available at Oriental trading really cheap ($20!)
              In fact, I got my wedding cake topper from there. Here is a pic...

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 Love3

Love3
              • 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

thank you I will def ck it out
                ~Heather~

#8 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                • 475 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

I agree if you do a search you find a good amount of information.

I know at least of few of us had a custom cake topper made via sellers on etsy.com. It added a personal touch and mine is now happily displayed in a cabinet. Here is the link to mine:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41435
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#9 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Here's what I am going to use:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45209

#10 juliez79

juliez79
                    • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic