Freeze Dried Rose Petals

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jmmercer

• 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

Has anyone had any experience or know anything about freeze dried petals? Would they work to cover the wedding aisle and possilby on the tables? I am wondering if they would look good/hold up for the wedding if I got them a few weeks beforehand. And I don't know whether freeze-drying holds the color and shape? I am getting married on the beach in November. Please help if you can!!

#2 kellynadam2010

• 187 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

I have heard this site is good, and this is where I plan on getting mine from:
      Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden

I believe it gives you a timeframe on the website as to when you should order and when they will be delivered.
      Hope that helps, perhaps someone has actually ordered them...

#3 Love3

• 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

I have never heard of this before?? Sounds interesting. I will have to try it out, but for my wed I will buy chep fake petals as it is just for the aisle runner

#4 sherric80

• 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

I am looking into freeze dried petals as well. Our ceremony is on the beach & they don't allow silk petals because of the environment & the resorts wants $60 for a small bag. As far as I have found the petals hold their shape & color just fine, but do not smell. I am buying the not so perfect ones for the aisle, & then the higher quality ones for the tables. Here are a couple sites I looked at:

Eco-Friendly Freeze Dried Rose Petals

Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden

Freeze Dried Rose Petals - 2G Roses

#5 egsarah

• 355 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

Are these allowed through customs? I was looking at getting some but was afraid of bringing them across the boarder.

#6 cruisebride0410

• 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

I was wondering the same thing about customs. I know there are rules about bringing in plants. Does anyone know if these are OK?
              The Web site does say they will ship to other countries, so I thinking maybe it is allowed. Anyone know for sure?

#7 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

I would also like to know b/c at the resort the petals are $40 a bag and here you can get them for half that! does anyone know how customs in Mexico is with the freeze dried petals?

#8 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

It was my understanding that technically you could not bring freeze dried petals into Mexico. I think some brides have managed to still do so, but you may have to be prepared to have them confiscated. I never confirmed with Mexican customs though, I read this somewhere on the forum before I got married.

#9 kellynadam2010

• 187 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Maybe just check with the company - I'm sure it's a request they've had before, and perhaps they are able to just ship right to your resort?

#10 sherric80

• 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

You can take the petals through customs in Jamaica. I confirmed with my TA, wedding coordinator, & online at Jamaica's customs page. My WC said that many brides bring freeze dried petals because of the cost & they have never had any trouble.

I don't know about Mexico, but check with your TA or WC. You can also check the internet. Just search for Mexico customs regulations or contact Mexico's embassy in the US. Same thing for any other country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users